Ted Nugent and the NRA

This is the first I've heard of him anti-Semitic.

That's what I personally suspected. I've always known he was over the top on a lot of rhetoric but this recent thing goes to a whole 'nother level. If indeed this is the first he's been this overtly anti-Semitic then that casts the NRA and it's membership in a much better light. They can't be charged with knowledge of something they don't know about.

But it does raise my original question: Why does Ted feel so emboldened now? Fluke? Just Ted being Ted? Or does he espy a cultural environment more accepting of in-your-face, un-PC statements, with Americans cheering it on? Maybe it's okay to say out loud what a lot of people are thinking anyway?

We hear that a lot lately. And we all know what a lot of people think.

Last edited:
I don't watch this over the top profanity laced loudmouth bigot on the Outdoor Channel (Spirit of the Wild) but in years past I had seen the show. It's one of a growing number of shows I refuse to watch on the Outdoor and Sportsman channels. He and the Duck Commander P.Robertson are two that come to mind and from the same mold if you ask me. Anyhow, the point I want to make is if there is a true desire to try and convince the non-hunting public to at least tolerate hunting and hunters even though they may never partake in it themselves, Nugent isn't your guy! If I were a non hunter and that's the guy they trotted out and said here's our best representation of hunters and hunting; I'd hate hunters too. We all know there are plenty of role models and great shows out there, Fresh Tracks, Western Hunter, Eastman's, Meat Eater, Solo Hunter and probably a few others I may have overlooked. Nugent's a creep.

As a middle class, middle age, white, rural, conservative-looking, gun packing, elk-hunting, bow shooting, male you'd be surprised at the number of my peers who confide in me, thinking I am "one of them." God, I hear more about niggers, spics, faggots, hallucinating libs, rag heads, bunny fkers, etc than I would imagine, and virtually all them have NRA stickers on their muscle trucks.

Weird. I run in the same circles and can't remember the last time anyone brought up any of that stuff. You must have some special power that makes people want to confess.

Weird. I run in the same circles and can't remember the last time anyone brought up any of that stuff. You must have some special power that makes people want to confess.

Hmmm, now you having me wondering if I do? :D Seriously though, if it's just two of us, it usually starts out slow, angling for a read on me. If there is a group of "them" then it goes faster. But regardless, the longer it goes on with me in silence, the faster the pace picks up and if I join in, then it becomes a joke/whine/bitch fest in short order, and then I'm one the boys. This happened a lot more when I was younger and insecure, even to the point where I felt friendship, and a reticence to shut it down.

But ultimately it grew too uncomfortable for me, and my sense of self grew stronger. I experimented with responses, some crude, violent and just as stupid. I finally matured to a point where the only people I deal with now are the ones who are smart enough to accept the following comment and change the subject: "Well, I don't roll that way."

If they aren't smart enough to drop it after that, then they are too dumb to be my acquaintance. If they are smart enough to drop it after that, then we can remain cordial, if not friends. But jeesh, it happens nearly every time I get around my peers and thus, living where I do, I'm pretty much a loner. Which, ironically, makes many who don't know me think I'm even more like them. Go figure.

I've had to coach my son on this technique just so he can get along with all the racist bigots in school who think people used to ride dinosaurs 6,000 years ago. Many of them are actually good kids, but jeesh, enough with the racial/homophobic BS already! Wonder where they get that crap from? No, actually, I don't. Don't wonder. I don't wonder any more about that than I do about whether Ted was anti-Semitic even before he came out.

Last edited:
I wish he reel himself in a little bit when he's talking about gun rights. But as far as Hunting goes I wish she would just keep his mouth shut I have no respect for anyone who hunts behind a high fence and calls at Hunting rather than shooting.

So, you and DraftStud are saying that Ted has always been this overtly antisemitic?

Your unhinged Trumpanoia, aka personal curiosity, is symptomatic of cat scratch fever.

I sense you wish Uncle Ted could hurt the 2nd's water carrying but it won't and we both know it. On the contrary,,,a social phenomenon the libs like to incite as well.

I'd bet Gloria and Madeline agree with you though. Ol' Ted is just another over the top celebrity useful idiot of the same vein.

Your unhinged Trumpanoia, aka personal curiosity, is symptomatic of cat scratch fever.

I sense you wish Uncle Ted could hurt the 2nd's water carrying but it won't and we both know it. On the contrary,,,a social phenomenon the libs like to incite as well.

I'd bet Gloria and Madeline agree with you though. Ol' Ted is just another over the top celebrity useful idiot of the same vein.

That is less of a response than your first one. More words, yes, but not much there. Rather than concern yourself with what you think I sense, try to address merits. Indeed, there is a long and bloody history the libs look back on when considering the phenomenon. When a mouth piece starts to "say what everyone is thinking" it has, in the past, lead to everyone saying it. After that, bad things start to happen. The first to come out are usually the unhinged. If you can distinguish Ted and explain his new-found overt antisemitism (which I guess you now agree is new and not par for his course?) then I'm all ears.

I would love to see someone put the question to the Donald in a way that he could not dodge. I would love to see him say not only: "I love the Jews. Some of my best friends are Jews. I build buildings with Jews" but also, and most importantly: "While I support the Second Amendment and the NRA, I think Ted is an anti-Semitic, mentally deranged, ass hole who the NRA should kick to the curb in a public and zealous response to his stupidity." After all, Trump is a member of the NRA, right? And he's running for President of the United States, right?

In short, under the current social circumstances, I don't think it is unreasonable to at least suggest a possible link, or at least articulate some rhetorical curiosity about it. Even if it is not the case in this specific instance, it would be good to talk about it. Nip shit in the bud, as it were. Go Donald!

Last edited:
Which one? Nugent or Sanders?

Sanders didn't dodge the draft: he fought against it. "When I was a young man, I strongly opposed the war in Vietnam. Not the brave men like Jim who fought in that war, but the policy which got us involved in that war."

I'm not sure about Ted but if I recall he is a chicken hawk. Here's Ted:

"So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin' it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin' around, hippying down, getting' loaded and pickin' my ass like your common curs, I'd say "Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin' around in the gutters." But I wasn't a gutter dog. I was a hard workin', mother****in' rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up."

Sanders applied for objector status when his number came up and kept appealing it until he was too old to be drafted...that's dodging in my book

Sanders applied for objector status when his number came up and kept appealing it until he was too old to be drafted...that's dodging in my book

He applied for conscientious objector status. Because he conscientiously objected to the war. That's legal. That's consistent. As Iris Dement would say, "That sounds pretty damn American to me."

You can also have daddy keep you stateside in the National Guard. It's legal and not a dodge.

Hiding or running to Canada? That's dodging.

Oh, probably for the same reason I've always thought there were a large number of them who are Republican, Conservative, White, racist, paranoid, homophobic, land-rapers; you know, the usual. I know some of them are not. In fact, many of them are probably not. Nevertheless, and notwithstanding my liberal hallucinations, I'm not stupid. I mean, look at Ted. He's on the NRA Board, amiright?

As I said, I always knew Ted was Ted and over the top, but now his true colors are out, confirming what any hallucinogenic liberal already knew. As a middle class, middle age, white, rural, conservative-looking, gun packing, elk-hunting, bow shooting, male you'd be surprised at the number of my peers who confide in me, thinking I am "one of them." God, I hear more about niggers, spics, faggots, hallucinating libs, rag heads, bunny fkers, etc than I would imagine, and virtually all them have NRA stickers on their muscle trucks. Then, when they find out I'm a hallucinating lib and don't roll that way, they quit talking so openly with me. The conversation always turns to something like the weather, or the Broncos. Go figure.

So, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to assume a good portion of the NRA is anti-Semitic, especially when they have an anti-Semite on the Board and, according to a couple of people on this thread, unbeknownst to me, he's ALWAYS been that way.

Last article I read, the NRA was all "no comment" about it. Think they'll give him the boot? I certainly hope so.

Edited to add: Link to piece on reasonable (?) perceptions: http://www.thetrace.org/2016/02/ted-nugent-nra-relationship/

Honestly your assumptions sound just as dangerous as Ted's rant which I think was deplorable. I also believe your story of your conservative confidants is just that.

Whatever you say, James....If believing that makes you sleep better at night, then go right ahead and believe that...but to those of us who stood and served, and even the guys on here who came when drafted, it's a kick in the balls...

Last edited:
Honestly your assumptions sound just as dangerous as Ted's rant which I think was deplorable. I also believe your story of your conservative confidants is just that.

I wish it were. I wish it were. But you know what? I have a feeling that, like Donald, I'm currently saying what a lot of people are thinking. If not then there must be this little bubble of people I describe who follow me where ever I go in the rural west. Are there exceptions? Yeah. I know some. They are my friends. But I have a whole hell of a lot of acquaintances.

Whatever you say, James....If believing that makes you sleep better at night, then go right ahead and believe that...but to those of us who stood and served, and even the guys on here who came when drafted, it's a kick in the balls...

I stood and served (volunteer, not draft) and I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and Laws of the U.S., which happen to include C.O. application laws. It does not include faking medical problems for deferment.

I have no doubt in my mind that what Nugent did was beyond screwed up, but I have a real issue with the whole C.O. load of crap. What gives anyone the right to decide they don't like a war, so they can just decide to not go be a part of it when their time comes? That's bullshit to me.

What gives anyone the right to decide they don't like a war, so they can just decide to not go be a part of it when their time comes? That's bullshit to me.

I respect your opinion, JohnCushman. I will just try to answer your question: The law gives them the right. And I will leave it at that.

What really grated my nuts in Iraq was hearing these National Guard kids whining and not wanting to leave the wire because they were 'just in for the college money' and many of them said they wouldn't shoot anyone if it came down to it in a firefight. Hell, we caught a bunch of them not even putting rounds in their magazines.

Last edited:
Trump dodged the draft in 1968 after he graduated because "daddys" doctor said he had bone spurs in his knees from playing sports

Ted Nugent rolled around in his own piss and s**t for 3 days before his exam so they would say he was mentally unfit. All of which he states

Bernie Sanders had conscientious objector status and by the time the rejected it. He was to old to be drafted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back