Teacher Concealed Carry Law in Idaho

Drive a tank to work with a glock in each pocket for all I care, but enough with the fear mongering BS.

Here's something to be more concerned about if you live in Wyoming, these guys are supposedly "highly trained":

Who the hell are you to tell anyone how they chose to protect themselves and what they should and should not do? Do you and I have or not have a right to self defense? Why do you care at all if I carry daily. or sometimes?

Oh and by the way almost immediately after moving to WY, my wife and daughter witnessed an officer shoot and kill a man at Walmart after that man pulled a knife and attempted to stab a police officer.

I do find it funny that you did not look at or decide not to provide the crime stats for Riverton or the Reservation. Honestly they are significantly higher than I would have ever guessed.

I am also confused... Are you stating the police are dangerous and cant be trusted to do their jobs? If so wouldn't that further support a persons right to carry?

Last edited:
I find it interesting, even more appalling that you would come to that conclusion. Either you are reading threads and posts I have missed, or you are misinterpreting statements.
I strongly contend that most on this forum strongly support the Second Amendment. I adamantly disagree with your conclusion!

As a citizen gun owner, shooter and hunter during and since childhood, wearer of US Army green for over thirty years, having pulled the trigger on everything from a 38 cal pistol to the main gun on the M1 Abrams, yet because you and I disagree on the efficacy of teachers carrying firearms in the school ... it seems you would label me as "anti second amendment."

Personally, that diminishes your argument to a great extent.
HAHA... So answer the question... Do I have a right to carry? If so, why is it that I can carry in the park, or at the ballfields but not in a school? That is the question, why is it that my rigths to self defense magically cease to exist when I step across a line leaving the public side walk and onto public school grounds? That is the question... As for efficacy, we will never truly know how many shootings are prevented because someone may be armed. We may never know how many rapes, or other violent crimes are not committed.

Sure you might question if it actually works, but how can you say that or argue that I have a basic right to self defense every where but the once place where I am responsible for keeping 30 kids safe?

Who the hell are you to tell anyone how they chose to protect themselves and what they should and should not do? Do you and I have or not have a right to self defense? Why do you care at all if I carry daily. or sometimes?

Oh and by the way almost immediately after moving to WY, my wife and daughter witnessed a office shoot and kill a man at Walmart after that man pulled a knife and attempted to stab a police officer. I

I do find it funny that you did not look at or decide to provide the crime stats for Riverton or the Reservation. Honestly they are significantly higher than I would have ever guessed.

I am also confused... Are you stating the police are dangerous and cant be trusted to do their jobs? If so wouldn't that further support a persons right to carry?
Oh, so now you're going to pull your glock on a cop and using that as justification for CC. Great thinking.

I already told you, I could care less if you drive a tank to work with a glock in each of your pockets.

Live in denial all you want, but every issue isn't solved with a glock on your hip. There's been less than desirable outcomes form "trained" individuals, let alone those with a CC class. Its already been pointed out that friendly fire has killed a bunch of people.

I don't care if you or anyone else carries, but I don't have to trust you with a firearm, and frankly, I don't.

Oh no the Might Buzztard has resorted to insults.... What ever should I do... I dont think I can handle it...
You can't handle facts either, and I don't trust you with a firearm but still support your right to carry one.

HAHA... So answer the question... Do I have a right to carry? If so, why is it that I can carry in the park, or at the ballfields but not in a school? That is the question, why is it that my rigths to self defense magically cease to exist when I step across a line leaving the public side walk and onto public school grounds? That is the question... As for efficacy, we will never truly know how many shootings are prevented because someone may be armed. We may never know how many rapes, or other violent crimes are not committed.

Sure you might question if it actually works, but how can you say that or argue that I have a basic right to self defense every where but the once place where I am responsible for keeping 30 kids safe?
Asked and answered. Yes. Let's discontinue the redumbdancy.
You've stated your opinion. Others disagree. Badgering them will not strengthen your opinion or validate your ideology.

Last edited:
Cool story Bro. Let me know when you’re paying for someone to go to mall and be responsible for random people.
As apposed to being paid to teach children for 10 hours a day while toting a Glock or an Sig. Tell you what let’s send them all, janitors, custodians, support staff, bus drivers ect. A yearly tactical six week training coarse. Maybe AR on sling in front of the class. Let’s go full armed campus’s. 511 uniforms and all
1707418277808.png

If so, why is it that I can carry in the park, or at the ballfields but not in a school? That is the question, why is it that my rigths to self defense magically cease to exist when I step across a line leaving the public side walk and onto public school grounds?
Did you ask the state of WY why you can't? Maybe go to a city council meeting packing and see if anyone has the answer. Every state is different. You can or can't do these things because the citizens of the state elect people to make the rules they think are in the best interest of everyone. How the rules vary from one state to another is interesting.

Try to keep this thread on the rails. It is about whether or not it is a good idea for teachers to carry. Interesting article below. As I have stated, I don't have a huge problem with it in concept, but I don't want a teacher abandoning the kids in his/her class as they yell "Yippee kay yay motherf-ker" and go off to confront a shooter.

Did you ask the state of WY why you can't? Maybe go to a city council meeting packing and see if anyone has the answer. Every state is different. You can or can't do these things because the citizens of the state elect people to make the rules they think are in the best interest of everyone. How the rules vary from one state to another is interesting.

Try to keep this thread on the rails. It is about whether or not it is a good idea for teachers to carry. Interesting article below. As I have stated, I don't have a huge problem with it in concept, but I don't want a teacher abandoning the kids in his/her class as they yell "Yippee kay yay motherf-ker" and go off to confront a shooter.

What does that article have to do with keeping this thread on the rails...?

Cool story Bro. Let me know when you’re paying for someone to go to mall and be responsible for random people.
As apposed to being paid to teach children for 10 hours a day while toting a Glock or a Sig. Tell you what let’s send them all, janitors, custodians, support staff, bus drivers ect. A yearly tactical six week training coarse. Maybe AR on sling in front of the class. Let’s go full armed campus’s. 511 uniforms and all

what does the fact that I’m “paying” them have to do with whether or not they should be allowed to carry at their workplace if they choose to? Maybe take your own advice in avoiding the nonsense logical fallacies?

That is the question, why is it that my rigths to self defense magically cease to exist when I step across a line leaving the public side walk and onto public school grounds?
I believe that has been the finding of the Supreme court, same as when you leave the sidewalk and enter a bar, home, or other private property.

What does that article have to do with keeping this thread on the rails...?
You serious? Because the conversation has focused on training and that article was about training teachers

Try this one. I get it. Teacher claiming LT disability from mental anguish of shooting drills would be expected. LOL

While the burgeoning school safety industry is trying to counter the threat of guns in schools, state lawmakers are considering whether to arm teachers. Teachers have signed up for trainings intended to help them overcome their natural instincts to run from a gunman. In one instance, law enforcement personnel shot teachers execution style with plastic pellets.

I believe that has been the finding of the Supreme court, same as when you leave the sidewalk and enter a bar, home, or other private property.
*Checks latest local ripoff mil levy* nope, looks like the schools not private property.
You serious? Because the conversation has focused on training and that article was about training teachers

Try this one. I get it. Teacher claiming LT disability from mental anguish of shooting drills would be expected. LOL

While the burgeoning school safety industry is trying to counter the threat of guns in schools, state lawmakers are considering whether to arm teachers. Teachers have signed up for trainings intended to help them overcome their natural instincts to run from a gunman. In one instance, law enforcement personnel shot teachers execution style with plastic pellets.
People have been focused on additonal training being a requirement to be able to choose to carry within the school. I guess i don't see the parallel at all - as id expect to be a 3rd party class (like other cwp) not some mass education by the school.

what does the fact that I’m “paying” them have to do with whether or not they should be allowed to carry at their workplace if they choose to? Maybe take your own advice in avoiding the nonsense logical fallacies?

It has a lot to do with it and quite frankly if you’re too dense to realize we are paying them to teach not defend against armed perpetrators. You just might be too stupid to have a discussion with.

Honest question: How can these two things simultaneously be true?
Because you owning a firearm is a constitutional right.

My not trusting you with one is also a constitutional right.

You honestly think I should trust you with a firearm because you have a CC permit? Not happening.

Don't know about you, but I also don't trust anyone else's driving even though they passed a drivers test.

It has a lot to do with it and quite frankly if you’re too dense to realize we are paying them to teach not defend against armed perpetrators. You just might be too stupid to have a discussion with.
You keep failing to realize - no one is compelled to do it. They would assume any and all legal responsibities for engaging.

Ultimately, this law probably wont really dramatically change things. I dont know if it will change anything - hell knowing some people in idaho - they probably carry anyway.

I would be for something like this passing in my state because it ultimately advances freedom, the second amendment, and gives teachers choice.

Sure - the legislators could be doing something "more" useful, but solutions to this problem are far from easy, well accepted, or understood.

Guess i know where those "hunters for gun regulations" people exist now.

I guess i don't see the parallel at all - as id expect to be a 3rd party class (like other cwp) not some mass education by the school.
I get your point, but training someone to run toward gunfire instead of away from it is hard. The article it is more parallel than the "are you anti 2A?" comments. My kids safety is of utmost concern to me, and where a CC'er "rights" being and end are secondary.

Somebody should pay them to teach you how to read words and think critically, but given the lack of intelligence you’ve shown so far, I’m afraid that the lift required to bring you up to even a 6th grade level would bankrupt our entire state.

I’m done with you. Stay in New York.

Back