Tanning a hide on your own

William Christy

I have a small black hide I'd like to tan on my own. I usually just flesh hides and take to the tannery, but aren't there kits you can purchase to do this in the privacy of your own garage? I wish garbage pick-up day was Friday instead of Tuesday.

I have a small black hide I'd like to tan on my own. I usually just flesh hides and take to the tannery, but aren't there kits you can purchase to do this in the privacy of your own garage? I wish garbage pick-up day was Friday instead of Tuesday.

Any Chinese restaurants still open?

You could just covertly place the animal in the middle of the interstate. By tonight the hide should be well tanned. The sun, hot pavement and tractor trailer tires will do a great job and cheaper that a kit

On second thought I may take this to a professional. I'd like to life size mount this one to round out my local feline collection and display it in man cave. Is like the snarling dangerous pose, lifelike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 401
Has anyone around Bozeman seen a black cat without a collar? My daughter has been missing her pet cat, Cecile.

If you ever need to catch more of them just set the trap on the hood of your truck that seems to be where they like to hang out.

Tan the hide and sew it into a pillow. Nothing but sweet dreams will emanate from that little slice of heaven.

Your neighbors cat, I am guessing?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back