Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tall guy hunting clothing?

mtmuley

Any of you guys know where one can buy tall hunting clothing? Pants in particular. I am 6'4" tall and 210 pounds. I can find inseams long enough (barely), but they are usually in pants with a large waist size. I'll search around the web, but figured there had to be another Hunttalker with the same issue. I am tired of making due. Thanks, mtmuley

Being 6'2" I know where your coming from. Last year I tried out some First Lite Kanab pants in a large size. I'm a 34x34 on a good day. They're a little big in the waist but the length is almost spot on. I don't really care for the cut in the seat but us big guys can't be too picky. Next time around I'll be checking out the Duluth Flex on the Fly pants. They look like a good Mtn hunting pant for cheap, although they aren't camo if that matters.

Nothing in camo, but Eddie Bauer has tall sizes in its upland line and some muted colors in its first ascent stuff. I believe outdoor research has also started to offer parts of its line in sage and coyote colors under its tactical line, they may have some tall sizes as well. Good luck.

I'm 6'4" 215. I've had good luck with cabelas & core4element. The core 4 stuff says a long inseam is 34", they're as long as my 36" Levi's.

My son is 6'6 and I've been resigned to the fact that he might be the only hunter in the woods wearing knickers :D Normal pants look funny on him. Kings camo does have tall clothes.

No sympathy here, i am a normal 5' 9'' with a 33'' waist, with a normal 30'' inside leg, i like the Sitka stuff, but the closest is 32'' inside leg.
Thought i would look at Kuiu but same problem.
They love the tall guys! :D

Cheers

Richard

Thanks guys. I'll check out the links. I've been dealing with having the wife take in the waists and then the pants never really fit right. And nobody wants to be seen hunting in highwaters. mtmuley

Arc'teryx makes tall and OR stuff is pretty long legged. I don't like how Rab pants are cut but their jackets are great for long armed guys.

I am 6'4 and about 230. I have had good success with both Sitka and First Lite. Both fit me well. I need the tall in Sitka and an XL in First Lite. I was very concerned with the first lite but the inseam is great in the XL. They are a little big in the waist but perfect in length.

Back