Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tag Soup How Many Have Had It

I haven’t had a big 3 tag yet. But I did have a terrible few years. I go on three hunts a year. Always archery elk then some combo of rifle cow/deer/antelope for the other two. I got a cow and a deer in 2019 and then didn’t even have a shot opportunity until my last hunt of the 2022 season. I went 9 tags in a row eating soup. Granted a lot of these are leftover or OTC tags because I’d rather hunt more often, so expectations were low. But one of the archery elk hunts I burned a few points for limited entry. Hunted 9 days straight in limited unit and didn’t hear or see a single elk. After that and and no meat in the freezer for almost two years I was starting to second guess my hunting. But shot a nice buck this year and I’m pulled right back in.

My tag soup runneth over with dozens of PA whitetail, PA bears, and PA turkeys. Add in dash of NY deer, NY bear, Quebec bear, WY cow elk, and a MT bull elk.

2013 BC hunt for moose and goat for me.

Could have easily killed both animals but had the wrong guide.

Didn’t leave the cabin until an hour after daylight and didn’t go after goats past noon.

I hope to never have the things come out of my mouth again that came out on that trip.

Nearly went back the next year but realized that would have been foolish.

The good thing about that trip was it was the best 12 days I have ever spent with my dad.
It's the off season don't leave us hanging...what'd you say?

It's the off season don't leave us hanging...what'd you say?
Character limit would be exceeded. I mean who leaves an hour after daylight to start driving to where you will be hunting moose and goat? Seriously!?

It felt good when we were about to leave and the guide was expecting a tip, and I looked at him and then just walked away.

Crazy thing though is my dad took some slammer animals on previous hunts and the other guy in our camp took a 10.5” Billy with excellent hair. Different guides though.

Last edited:
Only drawn tag I ate was a Wyoming pronghorn tag when I apparently forgot how to shoot

Ate plenty of elk tags due to sucking and way too many deer tags being far too picky

I’ve ate two Colorado deer tags, Montana antelope I rarely try they just don’t fire me up. I haven’t shot a mule deer since 2015 and I’m afraid that streak will continue for the foreseeable future I mainly hunt for whitetail that is getting tougher and tougher. I have ate a lot of Montana deer and elk tags.

Since 2015 I've eaten a handful of MT elk and deer licenses. Almost always have a wolf/lion license left over, and usually bears now. I've eaten a half dozen WY bear licenses. I don't buy doe tags anymore, money is better in my pocket than giving FWP an incentive to sell them.

Back