Caribou Gear Tarp

$#!t they dont play on the radio

I like Colter Wall, and it’s cool he’s from Swift Current, SK. Pretty close to my people’s homeland of Malta.

Also really like Tyler Childers, Reckless Kelly, Turnpike Troubadours, Cody Johnson, Cody Jinks.
This same exact list plus Whiskey Myers and of course Whitey Morgan. I cant stand listening to country station these days it really sucks. Justin moore and Luke combs are good but I haven't actually listened to mainstream radio in a couple years.

i ask Alexa for "Red Dirt country"

I search "Outlaw Country" or "Alt-Country" on Spotify.

Every now and then I stumble on some good cowboy country (Corb Lund, Dave Stamey, Wade Montgomery (deceased), Old Ian Tyson, J. Parsons)

Here is a Wade Montgomery song that I can relate to...

The only good thing to come from rthe Movie Titanic was this band.....Gaelic Storm

This song was on one of my first mp3 players, so I became a fan...

When it comes to Rock, I really like Small Town Titans.

I've shared their version of Folsom Prison Blues, but this original piece is thought provoking...

@Ben Lamb , an unexpected, yet welcome addition lol. Where did you pick up an ear for that genre?

I've always had a desire to expand my musical tastes all the way back to High School. Those tastes range from Tool to Tchaikovsky, Tuvan throat singing to traditional drumming in Africa. The creative aspect in all of those cultures fascinates me.

The traditional Japanese music is a favorite. I find it helps me concentrate or focus on tasks, especially ceramics.

then again, I threw a dozen mugs while blasting Megadeth at top volume in the headphones last night as well :)

Turnpike troubadors
Cody jinks
Cody Johnson
Tyler childers
Josh Abbott band
John Wolfe
Cross Canadian ragweed
Wade Bowen
Aaron Watson
Roger creager
Dave brinker
Hayes carll
Randy Rogers
Muscadine bloodline

To name a few. Can't stand the crap they call country on the radio.

Wish they’d put Cody Johnson on the radio more. I love his cover of “ Red Dirt Road “as well as his song “ Only one I know ( Cowboy life. Thanks to ITunes I’ve got less than $3 in these two songs and can listen to them anytime I choose.

"Only one I know" is great also "never go home again" is awesome! Cant believe those guys aren't mainstream and not the the other way around. Someone blasting Jason aldean is a sure sign of a douche nozzle.

"Only one I know" is great also "never go home again" is awesome! Cant believe those guys aren't mainstream and not the the other way around. Someone blasting Jason aldean is a sure sign of a douche nozzle.
Agreed! I could care less if I never hear another Aldean or Luke Bryan song.

For all the Chris Stapleton, Cody Jinks, Colter Wall, and Turnpike Troubadour fans out there, you should check out:

The Steel Woods (Let the Rain Come Down, Old News, Della Jane's Heart, Rock that Says my Name). More of a "southern rock" style than anything, big focus on lyrics.

Red Shahan (Top picks would be: Waterbill, Enemy, Men & Coyotes, Long Way to Fall, 303, etc.). Texas Red Dirt, through and through, definitely rockin'.

Turnpike Troubadours (A Tornado Warning, The Mercury, Diamonds & Gasoline, 7&7, etc.). More country than the others, fantastic storytelling in most of their songs.

Almost all of the music I listen to is stuff you won’t hear on the radio.
Lucero is my favorite band- seen them or Ben solo coming up on 30 times live
Drive By Truckers
Jason Isbell (used to be in DBT^^)
John Moreland
Austin Lucas
American Aquarium
Chris Knight
Matt Woods
Slobberbone
Glossary/Joey Kneiser
Gaslight Anthem/ Brian Fallon

Lots of great music that never makes it to mainstream radio. What are some artists you listen to that doesn't fit in with the corporate crap? Ill start off with a Canadian dude named Colter Wall, if you like story tellers and bluesy country music, check him out.

Thanks! I added some of his stuff to my spotify. I had never listened to him before but he’s really good.

These are some good artists today but don't forget about the ones they used to play on the radio. Still hear some once in a while if you have Xm radio.

David Allen Coe
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson
George Jones
John Cash
Tom T. Hall

These are a few, feel free to add to the list..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back