Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Swarovski

12 guage

Looking at a new pair of Swarovski binoculars, undecided on what power to get. I’m leaning towards the EL 8x42, any input is greatly appreciated.

I’ve had Swaro 10x50 and now own Swaro 8 1/2x42. My son owns Swaro 10x42. 10x50 are to heavy, and I was surprised that I could see clearer with the smaller glass. If it were me, I would go with the 10x42. In my experience they are the all around best ones that I have looked through. Western open hunting.

Pretty much everyone I know prefers 10s or 12s. I can do 10s. I still really like 8s though, and do plenty of pretty long glassing. I wouldn’t write them off.

As probably anyone who’s had good glass would advise, a good view matters more than how many x’s (within reason).

Mainly for hunting out west. Would you go with the EL or NL ?
Thanks for all the info.

I bought a pair of SLC 10x42’s a few years ago, one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

I’ve looked through the NL’s…….definitely worth the $$ if you can swing it.

The NL Pures are nice indeed, Swaro edge to edge clarity with improved FOV, but you can't go wrong with SLC or EL. 10x42 is my sweet spot.

I had 8x30 first and really liked them. I wanted a bit more power for long range viewing, so I sold the 8x30's and bought SLC 10x42 and really like them. I wish I would have kept the 8x30's and bought the 10x42's as there are times the smaller size and lighter weight would be nice. But the 10x42's are the best choice for me.

I struggled with the same question 17 years ago when buying my ELs. All my buddies kept telling me to get the 10s. I ended up with the 8.5 x42s. Of my many regrets in life I never regretted buying the 8.5x42s. I mostly hunt in the Southeast. I cant say if the 10 woukd be a better choice if I hunted out west but if I ever started I would buy higher mag and a tripod for glassing and wear the 8.5 els in my harness. 17 years is a long time for me to be happy with a piece of gear. I plan to upgrade in a few years and I will very likely stick with Swaro’s in the 8x42 size. I dont see going to the 10s but they say the new 10x42 pures are really nice.

I have had a pair of SLC 8x30's for over 25 years, have been very satisfied with them, hunt heavy timber to wide open spaces. If I were to upgrade it would be the 10x42 EL's or 8.5x42 EL's, but I would keep the 8x30's.

I has a set of 8.5‘s and I love them. I currently carry those on my chest and if I want more power, I keep my 12x meoptas in my pack to use on the tripod. Really good combo for me as I prefer hand holding 8‘s instead of 10‘s

I may have gone overboard on optics, but I have had and used Swarovski binoculars for years. I now have the EL 10X42 new generation rangefinding binoculars that they incorporated Swarovision into the optics, 8X32 NL Pure and a set of Leica Ultra-Vid 8X20 compacts.

Out of all of them, if I was to go to one pair, it would be the 8X32 NL Pure. They fit so many criteria for good field optics, I could forego the rangefinding ELs for the NL Pure and a Leica CRF rangefinder...

thumbnail_IMG_6525.jpg

Hard to go wrong with 10x42 el.

I just bought some 8x and think I’m going to sell my 10x to get the 12x NL Pures.

The 12 are incredible but probably a bit much in close, tight country.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back