PEAX Equipment

Swarovski Bino Upgrade

Can you guys let me in on your armored truck robbery syndicate or whatever you’ve got going on? I’d like to have to make some of these decisions too.
I sold $2,500 worth of unused traps this week. I’ll figure out how to fund the remainder without getting in trouble with the wife.

Sold a pistol and other gear for the 15s.

Last edited:
I’m still in research mode but I’m thinking 12x. I’ll carry the spotter too.

15s will remain at home or get used by a son. I’d make a final decision after using the 12s.

Option B is get 10x and get let them replace my 8.5s in my set up. I have a son looking for a deep family discount to own the 8.5s.

Ya’ll don’t really have to justify the how and why of buying the finest binos to me. I was only joshin’. More power to you fellas.

But seriously, what magnification is best for looking out for 5-0 when you guys are on a heist? ;)

Interesting. I looked through them when they first came out. They were better than everything I did side by sides with but I wasn’t blown away. Definitely not enough to think they would be that much of an upgrade to my leicas.

To the op, I would get the 10x with what you got.

10x. you already have 15s, why buy a bino you might struggle to stabilize (12).

The 12x Pures aren’t like other 12x binos I’ve held. They fit in your hands just like the 10s. I think they’re the same size and everything, and with a FOV that is = or greater than the 10x EL they really do handhold well and are incredible on a tripod.

I think they are capable of replacing 10 and 15 for people that use both. The only situation I think you’d miss the 15 may be when looking for coues deer

Get the 12s; you won’t regret it. Very easy to hold stable, I can’t believe how light and comfortable they are to hold, and they seem to create light. Well worth it.

The 12x Pures aren’t like other 12x binos I’ve held. They fit in your hands just like the 10s. I think they’re the same size and everything, and with a FOV that is = or greater than the 10x EL they really do handhold well and are incredible on a tripod.

I think they are capable of replacing 10 and 15 for people that use both. The only situation I think you’d miss the 15 may be when looking for coues deer

What are your thoughts on hunting thicker lodgepole and similar with the 12s? Are they manageable? I guess in comparison to my EL 10x they are relatively equal in terms of FOV, so it's just magnification.

What are your thoughts on hunting thicker lodgepole and similar with the 12s? Are they manageable? I guess in comparison to my EL 10x they are relatively equal in terms of FOV, so it's just magnification.
They are certainly

I used some NL 12’s in region G this year for a day. They were awesome. I don’t have swaro 15’s, so I’ll likely pick up the 12’s at some point as a do it all. I rarely glass not on a tripod. If you’re gonna keep the 15’s for sure, I would go with the 10’s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back