Sure signs of summer in your area

It’s Rodeo Season ! Heading to Cody Wy, tomorrow for the night rodeo and a Ned Ledoux concert !

IMG_3279.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg
Back from Cody ! The rodeo was rained out , had a monster rain roll though right before the concert the ground was so wet they were worried about the animals being injured, but Ned was great ! Worth 180 mile round trip ,got to see a little bit of CODY discovered a cool restaurant and bar that used to be a brothel back in the day,the interior is a western as it gets called CASSIE’S , as a result of the cancellation my Rodeo ticket is good for the entire month of June, so I’ll go back in a few weeks when Mark Chesnutt rolls into Cody for the night Rodeo.

Last edited:
Locust trees blooming with clouds building by noon. Sitting in the shade of a glistening pinion counting cones and hoping for some nuts. 75 with a breeze, sunflowers sprouting early. The pie shop filled by noon...

The river is coming down. Drift boat hatch is about to launch!
Salmonflies are hatching. That’s the 'end of Mud season' signal but adequate clarity and moderate water flow only aligns with the bugs every few years. This is one of those years. Only saw 2 guide boats and a handful of civilian rafts all day yesterday on the Colorado in the rain. I wore out a #2 foam stonefly which is challenging to do as we tie them with thread resembling baling wire and lots of head cement.

And chirping/screeching baby robins in their normal nest in the back. A pair of nesting doves in the Lilacs this year, which is new (and driving the dog absolutely insane).

People are asking if the road to fairy lake is open. I feel like Washington needs to take its weather back though the last couple weeks. I’m taking the pontoon boat out in the morning to chase walleye summer or not.

It's our rainy season, but sure sign it's summer is the fact when the sun comes out the moisture is wicked away and the ground cracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back