Sure signs of summer in your area

When the bald eaglets 200 yards from the house fledge as they just started to yesterday, I know it is summer. Not in this photo, one of the two eaglets is hanging out 25’ below the nest and spent the night out of the nest last night and returned today and has been making short flights today.

IMG_0859.jpeg

We hit 100 in February, then had sleet in late March. Weird for us down here just outside of hell. 97 today which was normal But I’ve been sitting in the porch watching the rain for the last two hours with refreshments, so life is good. Summer weather is usually 5-6 months here, sometimes closer to 10. That said, as I sit here it’s probably the first time in my life I’ve wanted a jacket in June (or anytime after April 1) down here. With all this rain we’re going to have some big whitetails this year down here.

People bombing on all the dirt/mud trails along most of our roads. Robins hoping on the lawn, the need to charge the skeeter Zappers, the sound of geese & swan flying over. Generally the leave buds will "pop" between last week of April, 1st week of may. This year was cool, May 10th the green started coming on. It's been cloudy & rained more than normal for this time of year, but summer is here!

The hoards of UTV riders on the weekends. The hoards of RV's up and down the roads and the hoards of rafters.
Robins in the yard and the humming birds.
The cottonwood trees and all of the cotton flying.
This year it's rain(which I'll take) and all the weeds!

You know summer has started when you walk outside at 10pm and it's still so muggy you start sweating immediately. It sucks that the hot weather has showed up, but all those peaches that start coming in not too long from now are a welcome reprieve.

Oh, and since everybody up north says that we southerners don't know what winter is, I'll remind yall that I've been up north and out west during the summer and yall definitely don't know what summer is.

The monsoon season kicks in. It clouds up every afternoon and rains for an hour or two. We usually consider that we have started summer when that weather pattern kicks in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back