PEAX Equipment

Supposed "food shortages" in America and higher food prices. How do they affect hunting?

Prices are up for all kinds of reasons, but there will be no food shortages in the US in the foreseeable future

If there's anything we've learned in the last few years it's that what happens in one part of the world can effect the rest of it. Globalism is just that.

I totally agree with the premise of this thread and when things get rough you have to do what you do to feed your family. In my life, things are getting really rough. Can't afford food...starving wife...starving kids. Only way out is for me to drive 6 hours and shoot a large bighorn ram for food...I have to feed the family right?

The same Congress person talking about peach tree dishes has also prophesied straight people will be extinct in 3-5 generations. It’s all part of the plan “they” are doing to you.
You think that is bad.
Yeah, a deep thinker for sure.
If you think her misspeaking is bad. You should listen to the president once in a while.

You think that is bad.

If you think her misspeaking is bad. You should listen to the president once in a while.
I don’t recall saying Joe’s speaking wasn’t bad. She’s not 80. She’s just dumb.

Banning 9mm handguns to address violence is stupid and lacks critics thinking. Talking about peach tree dishes and the extinction of straight people is next level stupid. The gazpacho are coming for you next.

I don’t recall saying Joe’s speaking wasn’t bad. She’s not 80. She’s just dumb.

Banning 9mm handguns to address violence is stupid and lacks critics thinking. Talking about peach tree dishes and the extinction of straight people is next level stupid. The gazpacho are coming for you next.
My favorite is still Hank Johnson concerned that the island of Guam would capsize. That’s so stupid that it’s almost incomprehensible to fathom.

The guy has the IQ of a turnip.

Peak Refuel pouches are gonna be $79 each
They are 13.99 as of yesterday on Amazon when I ordered a few to replace a couple a I used on a fishing trip. Glad I'm set for this years hunt. Bad enough I'll be leaving the Dodge diesel at home this year and using my Subaru Forester in Co, and I can see the Peak pouches going up another buck before hunting season!

With 6-8 game wardens for the entire state of Nevada,poaching is going too get even worse than it already is here in Nevada.

I have thought about this some. Hunting isn’t really cheap, but it can be done fairly inexpensively for some.

If I wanted to go the cheap route I can get 6 deer tags, 2 turkey tags, small game, fishing including recreational gear (trotline, set line, nets, traps, etc.) and my trapping license for $125 dollars. Given the fact that I live 5 miles south from 30,000 acres of public land and 5 miles north of 68,000 acres of public land and also live across the road from a river with a private boat ramp I could keep fuel costs low.

The most limiting factor is time for me.

With all that said, I am definitely planning on filling at a minimum my 4 Louisiana doe tags ithis year, and being a little less choosey on the bucks I am shooting as well. Filling all of my 6 Louisiana tags is something I haven’t done in 5 years. I had a run of 21 years where I tagged out every year and I never remember any of that meat going to waste. I may as well maximize the monetary value of my hunting license with meat prices getting so high.

I can’t help but feel like a lot of other folks are feeling the same way.
😅 I’m not so sure they’re feeling the same way in MT partner……

Edit:Oops

Last edited:
First year last year in 5 years that our freezer didn't have an elk in it. Not worried about grocery store shortages or the collapse of society, but vastly prefer elk to whatever crap meat we're now forced to buy at the store.

I'm going to tell my wife I'm going to have to hunt more bc there may be food shortages.

Are there going to be freezer shortages? Asking for a friend.

Can anyone explain to me why the same people who told me not to worry about Covid at all are all crying about the sky falling in regards to food shartages????
Also same people who said gas would be $5+ a gallon and monkeypox was another govt hoax.

The same Congress person talking about peach tree dishes has also prophesied straight people will be extinct in 3-5 generations. It’s all part of the plan “they” are doing to you.
Reading your comment was the first time I realized "peach tree dish" was a real quote and not just a meme. How bad is it that I immediately knew who must've said it, too.

...well, I did buy my commercial freshwater fishing license and a couple of slat traps this year. Look out, catfish!

Back