Sunday Pic of the Day

Someone else thought this was a good place to hunt elk.
View attachment 161181
I have so many pictures of old cabins from the Mexican border all the way to the Yukon river. There is just something about them that makes me stop, take a picture, and imagine myself 100 or 200 years ago living in that tiny little cabin.

I have so many pictures of old cabins from the Mexican border all the way to the Yukon river. There is just something about them that makes me stop, take a picture, and imagine myself 100 or 200 years ago living in that tiny little cabin.
I always ponder the old homesteads and cabins I run across. I inevitably think “These folks were a lot tougher than I am!”

An amusing one. While Mule deer hunting along the California, Nevada border i came on a dwelling dug into the side of a juniper ridge the entrance was well hidden and the shelter was well camouflaged, whole place hidden and ancient. Inside, still some broken, parse furnishing. I accidentally noticed the back wall a bit strange, so i poked at it. Mystery solved, behind the fake wall was a whiskey still, long abandoned. Probation must have come to an end.

Last edited:
zaxD6rt.jpg

blOO1CE.jpg

EzZHFqN.jpg

19N1Pa5.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back