PEAX Equipment

Sunday Pic of the Day

Something a little different. I rescued this Emil Schmeckenbecher cuckoo clock from a thrift store Saturday. I spent Sunday after church bringing it back from the dead. Now I've got the mechanical part done, Mrs45 will re-paper the bellows, and then I'll put the face back on it.
$49.99 for the clock, $13.00 for a replacement pendulum, about $30 for a new set of weights. They are worth $150-$250, depending on condition. Still under budget, I guess.
View attachment 149073
My grandma had lots of cuckoo clocks. My mom kept a few when she passed and now everytime we go there our kids have to make the clock cuckoo.

Shot on Sunday.
50184548763_46260409e9_k.jpg

My grandma had lots of cuckoo clocks. My mom kept a few when she passed and now everytime we go there our kids have to make the clock cuckoo.
I just can't stand seeing something old which I know how fix go to the scrap heap. I bought a 1910 Wyoming pattern saddle the same day. This winter I will re-fleece and re-stitch it for my granddaughter to ride.

We are up to 4 cuckoo clccks now. It plays hell with the work-from-home conference calls when they all go off.

I just can't stand seeing something old which I know how fix go to the scrap heap. I bought a 1910 Wyoming pattern saddle the same day. This winter I will re-fleece and re-stitch it for my granddaughter to ride.

We are up to 4 cuckoo clccks now. It plays hell with the work-from-home conference calls when they all go off.

Four cuckoo clocks going off at the same time would sure help reduce the chance of "rabbit trails" and keep your conference calls on a strict time schedule. ;)

Something a little different. I rescued this Emil Schmeckenbecher cuckoo clock from a thrift store Saturday. I spent Sunday after church bringing it back from the dead. Now I've got the mechanical part done, Mrs45 will re-paper the bellows, and then I'll put the face back on it.
$49.99 for the clock, $13.00 for a replacement pendulum, about $30 for a new set of weights. They are worth $150-$250, depending on condition. Still under budget, I guess.
View attachment 149073

Do you need another project cuckoo clock? I've got one you could have for the price of postage. email or PM me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back