Sunday Pic of the Day

show day yesterday.
If you haven't watched the 4H kids show their prized swine at the fair, put it on your to-do list. It is hilariously entertaining chaos as the very serious boys and girls, with their scrubbed and shiny pigs attempt to "herd" the pig in front of the judge to show off pork muscle, fat and form. At the live auction the bacon goes for astronomical prices ... but the proceeds often fund great college educations and propel these hardworking youngsters into successful careers with wonderful work ethics.

show day yesterday.
I forget how much I miss the old Polk County fair when I lived in rural Wisconsin as a kid. Never raised any animals for show, but won some shooting/archery trophies and beat the hell out of a softball during my time in 4H. Those were better times than I realized in the moment. Thanks for the reminder.

If you haven't watched the 4H kids show their prized swine at the fair, put it on your to-do list. It is hilariously entertaining chaos as the very serious boys and girls, with their scrubbed and shiny pigs attempt to "herd" the pig in front of the judge to show off pork muscle, fat and form. At the live auction the bacon goes for astronomical prices ... but the proceeds often fund great college educations and propel these hardworking youngsters into successful careers with wonderful work ethics.
for sure. it's countless hours of effort for kids to get any animal ready for the fair. the auction is a great donation to the kids. our auction tomorrow evening. lots of tears and emotion from youngsters who get rid of an animal they have spent montsh training.

for sure. it's countless hours of effort for kids to get any animal ready for the fair. the auction is a great donation to the kids. our auction tomorrow evening. lots of tears and emotion from youngsters who get rid of an animal they have spent montsh training.
Do they do the buyback option? Kids here get the option to buy back, butcher and sell the meat.

Do they do the buyback option? Kids here get the option to buy back, butcher and sell the meat.
once they go through the auction here they go straight to a truck that goes to butcher. no buy back option for us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back