Struts.

Hilljackoutlaw

Well I changed the struts and shocks on my Silverado. YouTube says it's easy! LIARS! Three busted bolts, 9 hours, grinders, and pry bar later it's done. The saying having the right tools for the job has gained my respect again. If you plan on doing it your rig...dont call me I've had it! šŸ¤£

Well I changed the struts and shocks on my Silverado. YouTube says it's easy! LIARS! Three busted bolts, 9 hours, grinders, and pry bar later it's done. The saying having the right tools for the job has gained my respect again. If you plan on doing it your rig...dont call me I've had it! šŸ¤£

Ever listen to my podcasts about owning tools and being handy and all the kind of stuff? You could have been fishing that day, a day you will never get back. :LOL:

Just did mine...toyed with the idea of doing them myself, glad I didn't...

BigFin's got it right.

Ever listen to my podcasts about owning tools and being handy and all the kind of stuff? You could have been fishing that day, a day you will never get back. :LOL:

You are correct. However, to parallel your value discussion on rifles, there is an intersection of available money and available time. A severe deficiency in either decreases the value in the choices made :)

You are correct. However, to parallel your value discussion on rifles, there is an intersection of available money and available time. A severe deficiency in either decreases the value in the choices made :)

True, very true.

Though a lifetime of observations and my own personal experiences from my younger days shows that little money is seldom saved when all factors accounted for and far more time is invested than one cares to admit. That reality heavily skews where the intersection of time/money actually happens compared to where we thought it would intersect before we started such projects.

True, very true.

Though a lifetime of observations and my own personal experiences from my younger days shows that little money is seldom saved when all factors accounted for and far more time is invested than one cares to admit. That reality heavily skews where the intersection of time/money actually happens compared to where we thought it would intersect before we started such projects.

As I get older, I tend to do a much more thorough risk assessment over a cup of coffee prior to embarking upon my plan to save money at the expense of a little time. Broken tools, broken parts, late night Google searches, bloody knuckles have all influenced my risk assessments. During our recent travel intermission at Les Schwab's in Hood River, I was pissed at myself for not doing a better job of taking care of my mechanical obligations, but a certain part of me really didn't object to the process of drinking a diet Coke and eating popcorn while the guys with tools and expertise completed a task in two hours that would have taken me 12.

This may be true but having lots of tools and doing my own vehicle work (which I do enjoy) saves me tons of $$$ allowing for more fishing and hunting time.

I annoyed my wife for about 1 hour yesterday debating on changing struts or going up Kelly toponce to fish. Finally she kicked me out and said I dont care just do something...lol. Struts it was. Poor choice, but lessons were learned.

Not to mention word travels fast that you know how to save money by doin handy stuff. Before long you find yourself on a sunny Saterday afternoon frying on a two story roof patching leaks for family that makes more doe than you.
Not that, that happens to me or anything...
But I wish I was fishn last weekend.

Luckily I just changed struts and got quoted at $900. Took a gander on Google and found a pair of struts for $150. 2 hours worth of time and we were good to go. This time it paid off lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back