Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Story of my first Elk (CO 1st Rifle 2019)

I saw that EE tag available for 2nd choice. My dilemma is trying to pick the "A" tag for the year and also building points. Considering I didn't see an elk with my "A" tag choice this year, this would have been a better bet.

The two times I've hunted this unit I was actually able to draw the tag with my second choice and build points with my first. I think I got lucky this last year and I am very curious to see what the actual odds end up being from 2019.

I've been trying to convince my wife to make the move for years, but she isn't quite convinced yet. It would sure make my drive a lot shorter and my tag price a lot cheaper if I lived out there so I am not giving up on the goal just yet!

Great hunt and thanks for sharing!

I knew where you were about your 2nd sentence...but I've hunted near there for a while. A friend of mine from MN and his son came out and had a similar experience to yours. Their "luck" on the way home was to hit and kill a little whitetail deer (they gutted it and threw it in the truck on top of the frozen elk meat, lol).

RoadKill.jpg

Great hunt and thanks for sharing!

I knew where you were about your 2nd sentence...but I've hunted near there for a while. A friend of mine from MN and his son came out and had a similar experience to yours. Their "luck" on the way home was to hit and kill a little whitetail deer (they gutted it and threw it in the truck on top of the frozen elk meat, lol).

View attachment 122613

Wow I'm glad it did not damage their vehicle too much for them to get stranded. Clobbering a deer 1000 miles from home sounds like a wild addition to the adventure. That rack in the back of the truck has the same color as mine so I believe you that it came from the same place. They are a very distinct light color. I need to add one of those dark chocolate color racks with the white tips next.

Can't beat an experience like that! Congrats on the hunt and bull. Makes the drive home a little easier with full coolers.

Thank you for sharing your adventure ! Well written and great pics. With your "go get 'em" attitude, I expect you will have a wonderful big game hunting career !

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And yes @ndhunterman I am definitely addicted to hunting (and eating) elk now. Nothing else comes close to that meat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back