Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Story behind the name......

Mine is out of respect to my grandparents and husband. My grandparents fled Europe in World War One, but my grandmother continued to educate us about the continent. My husband got tired of my whining and took me to and traveled thru, Europe with me. I loved it. I enjoyed every country, but Spain, Austria, and Italy were my favorites. For a while it was a toss up on where we would buy a home in Europe. But then we visited The Canaries and I was hooked.

Most here are aware that I am back in the States, but since I post so little ( except on Fridays ) (-: I saw no reason to change it.

But if I did :

Eagles
6.5 x 55
Linda/EmmyLou/Dolly
Coues Huntress
Grand Canyon
Ferrari
Sailing
Bitch

maybe "sidecarsally" "hippo intruder" "horse with no name" in honor of those times in my life when I thought my life might be coming to an end ;)
"The Grand Lady of Hunt Talk" is too much to type.

@Gerald Martin loves it...... boy that's an original 🙄 @Gerald Martin

Wow, I leave for two days looking for black horns only to be ragged on by a soused up sheep hunter…. 😂

I registered under my real name to remind myself not to post something anonymously that I wouldn’t want attached to my name. It works most of the time.

And yes, I do like black horns…4FB904FC-C39C-4544-8ACA-36DC029644C4.jpeg

Wow, I leave for two days looking for black horns only to be ragged on by a soused up sheep hunter…. 😂

I registered under my real name to remind myself not to post something anonymously that I wouldn’t want attached to my name. It works most of the time.

And yes, I do like black horns…View attachment 231242
Good lookin billy there.

Only the best hunting movie ever. Period
Only the best hunting movie ever. Period.
Hunting camp tradition runs real deep in Michigan’s U.P. Schools close for opening day and everyone looks forward to visiting others at their deer camps.
The
Only the best hunting movie ever. Period.
Deer hunting camp traditions run real deep in Michigan’s U.P.
Schools close for opening day and everyone looks forward to visiting other camps.
The movie starts out great but then gets pretty weird…..good movie though, especially since that’s the area I live in and can relate

Last edited:
I got the nickname 'Ammo' originally birdhunting with my dad in Sodak (everyone has a nickname...deadeye, hipshot, forplay, etc). My actual name is 'Amelia' but they joke that I use a lot of ammo and it stuck.

Well fast forward 15 years later...friends call me ammo, my husband calls me ammo (in fact he rarely calls me 'Amelia' to the point where folks who don't know us think he's calling me 'Emma'), obviously the bird hunters still call me ammo. One friend has shortened it to just 'Mo'.

Ammo!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back