Stock Market Report - The 2016 Fresh Tracks Season in Review

Welcome back, Randy! Based on your assessment of your season, and your latest podcast, I think I'll be hitting Eastern Montana next fall for mulies to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of my first hunting season!

Direct TV wants an additional $30/month from me in order to get Sportsmans Channel. That's a non-resident deer tag per year. Bring on the YouTube, Randy!

Ouch! We have Dish and our whole bill is only $32 a month including the Sportsman Channel.

Just an educated guess. When those guys seeing all the 170 inch bucks put one on the ground there was ground shrink. A lot of ground shrink.

Last edited:
BUY: Using a Yamaha Viking to navigate many of the open roads I previously tried to ascend/descend/traverse in my Titan.

I will take a ATV/UTV/SxS down crappy rough roads all day long to save wear and tear on my pickup! This is a sound investment, granted those -15 mornings are even chillier on said vehicle. Now you can get full doors, heaters etc for many UTV/SxS's these days and at that cost, it's almost cheaper to drive an old beater!

One of my "Buys" this year was the Kifaru Gun bearer. That thing is amazing!

I got one also, maybe I suck at it's use but my rifle flips over (rolls) and I can't keep it tight... Maybe I just need a better pack to install it on...

Just an educated guess. When those guys seeing all the 170 inch bucks put one on the ground there was ground shrink. A lot of ground shrink.

Maybe these guys have room in their camp for 1 more? I'd like to pass 170s bucks in eastern MT too. I'll even hold my farts in for a day or 2 if they let me tag along.

Randy,

What do you plan to use to haul the Viking? I see Ina lot of videos you use a small cargo trailer. I assumed that was mainly for the tent and camping gear?

Joe Hulbert - what the .. heck? I almost typed a bad word!

I have Dish Network and pay $250/month for TV and internet. We have no options available due to where we live and satellite is our only internet method avaiiable.

Oh, great report too Randy. Although, now we will have to discard plans for the 284 Hunt Talk wildcat cartridge, to be replaced with the 308 Hunt Talk! :)

Keep up the good work Randy. I admire all the hard work you put in to advocating for our public lands and for our rights to use them. I really love the podcasts you have done pertaining to advocacy, they have really motivated me to learn more about the political process and how to go about getting involved. I'm exited to start learning more about what I can do being 26 with no political experience. Had a sick day today and took the opportunity to binge watch i think every video on your YouTube channel. Keep em coming!

Last edited:
Joe Hulbert - what the .. heck? I almost typed a bad word!

I have Dish Network and pay $250/month for TV and internet. We have no options available due to where we live and satellite is our only internet method avaiiable.

Oh, great report too Randy. Although, now we will have to discard plans for the 284 Hunt Talk wildcat cartridge, to be replaced with the 308 Hunt Talk! :)

I called them up and said I was going to cancel unless they came up with a better deal. They switched us to what they call their introductory package (despite the fact we have had Dish for years) which includes local channels, Sportsman Chanel, Pursuit channel and many more. $32 a month doesn't include internet though as we get it thru Centurylink.

Last week we lost signal so I called for tech support and guy tells me it's going to be $90 for service call. I responded "no thanks, I'll just switch to Direct Tv".....he put me on hold a few minutes and came back to tell me service call would be free. The next day we had a new dish. You just have to bluff them a little...

is that trailer a all aluminum frame?looks nice,,you may want to set it up to camp in sometimes once all your gear and Viking is unloaded,if weather gets bad or cold.what does that one weigh empty?

Back