Stimulus Money Project phases 1, 2, 3, and 4 complete

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Nice work! I've been thinking about the Eibach system for my Chevy. Looks like a good product at a nice price, but I really know nothing about suspension. I'm wondering how many hours of labor a shop will charge for an install. I'm sure it'll be an arm and a leg. Interested to hear how the ride is once you get some miles on the new setup. Looks good!

Nice work! I've been thinking about the Eibach system for my Chevy. Looks like a good product at a nice price, but I really know nothing about suspension. I'm wondering how many hours of labor a shop will charge for an install. I'm sure it'll be an arm and a leg. Interested to hear how the ride is once you get some miles on the new setup. Looks good!
Minus the leaf springs I’m guessing a shop is going to charge around six hours. Maybe a little less, but you also have an alignment to figure in.

Edit: for the price I’m really impressed with these so far. You can certainly find better, but you’ll pay for it. I didn’t have the budget for Fox or Kings, or even top of the line Bilstien, so I narrowed my choices down quite a bit from the start. I drove them down a very pot hole filled road at a pretty good clip. No problemo. I wish my work pickup drove this nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your truck need a lift for that particular model of shocks?

Does your truck need a lift for that particular model of shocks?
The shock is the lift per se. it has an adjustable spring perch that increases spring preload to create lift with stock coils. I purchased new coils that are a heavier spring, which creates additional lift.

Glad you didn’t crush yourself, dang! Looks great.

Might check and replace your hoses too if you haven’t.

i was thinking coolant hoses just based on the condition of the serpentine belt. Inexpensive and easy enough and peace of mind.
Probably due for a radiator flush in the next year as I believe that’s a 100k interval. I’ll check them out. 👍

Minus the leaf springs I’m guessing a shop is going to charge around six hours. Maybe a little less, but you also have an alignment to figure in.

Edit: for the price I’m really impressed with these so far. You can certainly find better, but you’ll pay for it. I didn’t have the budget for Fox or Kings, or even top of the line Bilstien, so I narrowed my choices down quite a bit from the start. I drove them down a very pot hole filled road at a pretty good clip. No problemo. I wish my work pickup drove this nice.

That's good to hear they ride well on potholed roads. I don't have the budget for the higher end stuff either and really just want a mild lift and something that rides a little better. Probably will add a leaf as well. Hardest part is going to be paying for someone to do the work. Need to make a friend who is competent with this stuff!

That's good to hear they ride well on potholed roads. I don't have the budget for the higher end stuff either and really just want a mild lift and something that rides a little better. Probably will add a leaf as well. Hardest part is going to be paying for someone to do the work. Need to make a friend who is competent with this stuff!
I can't speak to how these come out of the Silverados, but your option might be to take out the existing coilover and take it and the new shock to a shop and have them assemble it for you. Then, you can bolt the new one back in. In the Tundra you can remove two bolts off the bottom of the lower control arm to let it swing free of the spindle/hub assembly. The shock goes in from the bottom.

The add a leaf isn't technical, just a pain in the ass. Use C clamps to compress the springs together will your lining up with the centering pin.

Nice work, looks good and I'm sure rides way better. The stock Toyota shocks suck even when new. I went the TRD pro route and have no regrets.
Unfortunately, the Pro was out of my limited budget this time around. All of the used ones I could find were still in the 30k range, which was about 10k over budget. By the time I'm done with this one, I'll probably look hard for a used 2018-2020 Tundra Pro. Rumor I'm hearing is the Pro will be discontinued with the revamp scheduled for 2022.

"Found money" skills.....good looking rig, like the topper and the color.
I was fortunate to find a good clean pickup with a topper on it. My buddy just ordered a Leer for his Ford and it set him back about 3200, installed. Even basic models are starting at 1800 installed. I had to factor that into price on all of the others I was looking at that didn't already have one. I really wanted another silver one (hides dirt really well :LOL: ), but I do like the white.

You’ve got me looking pretty hard at these. I was going to do bilstein 5100and I still might, but then I would have to find coil over springs or keep the factory ones or upgrade to the bilstein 6112, which are more money than I’m willing to pay.
I like how this is all one kit. What I’m finding online for the full set on all 4 is $585. Does that seem right?

After having them on for a few days what’s your opinion?

You’ve got me looking pretty hard at these. I was going to do bilstein 5100and I still might, but then I would have to find coil over springs or keep the factory ones or upgrade to the bilstein 6112, which are more money than I’m willing to pay.
I like how this is all one kit. What I’m finding online for the full set on all 4 is $585. Does that seem right?

After having them on for a few days what’s your opinion?
Mine were $625 for shocks and coils. So far I really like them , but I only have a handful of miles on them. The guys at Wheelers really spoke well of these. The guy I talked to said these were a step above Bilstein 5100, but he didn’t really think the 6112 were enough of a performance step up to warrant the price difference.

Unfortunately, the Pro was out of my limited budget this time around. All of the used ones I could find were still in the 30k range, which was about 10k over budget. By the time I'm done with this one, I'll probably look hard for a used 2018-2020 Tundra Pro. Rumor I'm hearing is the Pro will be discontinued with the revamp scheduled for 2022.
I have heard the same rumor, they already did that once, in 2018 there was no Tundra Pro so they could push the sport model. I foresee them doing this again to push the new trail models. Personally I plan on staying with my 2017 until the wheels fall off. 2018 and up have the TSS stuff, so many more sensors, radar etc to go bad. The 2nd gen like you have was the one to go a million miles and the one to pull a space shuttle 😎

Back