Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Stimulus Money Project phases 1, 2, 3, and 4 complete

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I have heard the same rumor, they already did that once, in 2018 there was no Tundra Pro so they could push the sport model. I foresee them doing this again to push the new trail models. Personally I plan on staying with my 2017 until the wheels fall off. 2018 and up have the TSS stuff, so many more sensors, radar etc to go bad. The 2nd gen like you have was the one to go a million miles and the one to pull a space shuttle 😎
I think you’re right in that the Pro will resurface. Read some scuttle butt about the Lexus 5.0L V8 as a potential engine for the Pro down the road.

You brought up a good point about TSS sensors. I got plenty of time to ponder the next purchase. 😁

I put bilstein 6112s up front and 5160s on rear of my 15 tundra TRD. Leveled it out nicely. 5160s started leaking after about a year. Replaced them with Fox 2.0 rear from Wheelers off-road. Been real happy with them so far. TRD Pro skid plate was another good upgrade. Built in window for oil filter is clutch.

@MTGomer I have down some more driving on these. First, a disclaimer that I changed two variables (coils and shocks) so it’s hard to pin down the effects of each. I am way impressed with these. No nose dive on hard stops. No whiplash from side to side from giant pot and holes and washouts. Very good body control and stability. I found a shitty road and drove down it like a jackass just to field test. Not a bit of buyers remorse.

Plan on a full day. You need a good floor jack, impact wrench, sockets, etc to do the fronts. You replacing coils or using stock? Mine were a bitch to get in with slightly longer coils and not using a spring compressor.
I have numerous childhood memories my dad out under his 78 Silverado, sometimes late into the night, cussin' real low and furious. Sometimes I'd have to hold a wrench or worse, a flashlight. I thought to myself, whatever's going on under there, I don't want any of that. I'm impressed with the DIY, JLS.

That’s great to hear. I’ve got the Eibach kit and new strut mounts and new cooper tires to be installed soon.
My truck needs it. The factory ride has gotten unbearable.

Next step is storing my gear without looking like a ridiculous “Overlander”. I think overlanding is like CrossFit, if it’s not on Instagram it’s not overlanding. Where I come from, we simply call it car camping or truck hunting 🤷‍♂️

Anyway.......

Gear storage.

0E4FC62E-4A23-4E58-ADBD-5A797918D474.jpeg
A4973856-C5D4-426D-9DF6-2625D7DEDCCB.jpeg
Gotta be able to see which beer you’re grabbing, so more light.
02427C0A-9F36-40A8-8E51-682EF3CBEDDB.jpeg
I haven’t mounted my Hi Lift yet because I don’t really have any lift points in this truck, and rock sliders are ridiculously expensive.

Phase 3 will hopefully be delivered soon.

One thing you might want to consider, changing those side windows out to flip ups. My current cap doesn't have them and I hate it. Was nice to be able to grab gear without crawling inside.
It’s something I’ve thought about for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back