Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Steelers U.S. Army Ranger: All Respect Villanueva, All Respect.

Sytes

This is not a, "tit for tat" thread so take any garbage responses elsewhere, please.

As I read this story, it reminded me of @JohnCushman when singer Tom Petty passed. Cushman, as Villanueva, bring a stark reality to the forefront of the world i live in. We must not forget those who gave all. A challenging setting for all Americans.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who served three tours in Afghanistan, decided to break from the team and replace Rose's name with Cashe's, a Sgt. 1st Class who died after trying to rescue soldiers from a burning vehicle in Iraq. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that he approved of his player's decision.

"As an organization, and myself as the head coach of the organization, we're going to support our players however they chose to participate and express themselves, or to not participate or not express themselves, as long as they do so thoughtfully and with class," said Tomlin Tuesday during a press conference. Tomlin added that Villanueva's choice didn't warrant an explanation.

I just think that if you allow names on helmets, you cannot dictate what name goes on each individual one. I stand for what BLM stands for at its core, equality for all, but honoring a true hero, by a man, who to me is a hero in his own right, is a noble thing.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back