Caribou Gear

Army Ranger Sniper random act of kindness

L

longbow51

My daughter, and her daughter, who is 9, went to a military range with her husband, who is active duty. She hasn't shot in years due to deployment. I gave her a Ruger Hawkeye Predator in 6.5 Ponytail with VX 5HD. In about 30 minutes she learned how to use her fancy scope and was shooting center mass (military targets) out to 400 meters. Granddaughter had never shot before. She was shooting a Ruger 77/22, and was soon doing well.

Which gets me to the point of the story. There was a very kind Army Ranger sniper, who took a lot of time with both of them, and rapidly shortened their learning curves. The range officer said lots of the snipers hang around just to help beginners, as well as to shoot the 1000 meter targets.

So kudos to all those who go out of their way to help the beginners. I was going to post a picture of him with my granddaughter, but hard to know who is still mad at him from deployments.

There are still lots of good people in this world. Encouraging to read. Thanks for posting.
You know, there are; if you watch the news you would think everyone is crazy, but if you look locally great people everywhere.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back