Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stayed up too late . . . Sovereign Citizen Saga

VikingsGuy

I was up to late surfing the web and ran across some more sovereign citizen silliness (see links below). We don't get much of that in central MN, but seems like ND, ID, MT, and MI are hot spots. The judge in the bottom link was the picture of calm. I kept watching only to see his seemingly inevitable blowup - which never came.

I find the "logic" spaghetti that these folks spin oddly fascinating and can only hope the Q-crazy stuff from a few years ago (that feels similar at a high level) doesn't add to this growing form of insanity. 350 million people from all walks of life figuring out how to self-govern while existing in a hostile world appears to be more than we can handle these days -- and these bozos are not helping.

First I had heard of this was on Saturday. My wife was telling me about a young man in Farmington UT that had been shot and killed during an interaction with police on a traffic stop. Appears the mother and possibly the son were self declared sovereign citizens.

Mental gymnastics!

I was up to late surfing the web and ran across some more sovereign citizen silliness (see links below). We don't get much of that in central MN, but seems like ND, ID, MT, and MI are hot spots. The judge in the bottom link was the picture of calm. I kept watching only to see his seemingly inevitable blowup - which never came.

I find the "logic" spaghetti that these folks spin oddly fascinating and can only hope the Q-crazy stuff from a few years ago (that feels similar at a high level) doesn't add to this growing form of insanity. 350 million people from all walks of life figuring out how to self-govern while existing in a hostile world appears to be more than we can handle these days -- and these bozos are not helping.

Can you see the smoke from Atlanta where you live yet?

I’ve heard of this from a few different parts of the country. Several folks here in Oregon, where it seems to mostly be spun as a reasoning why people don’t have to pay their bills/rent and also are immune to debt collections/eviction for not not paying said bills/rent.

I tried reading the explanation of what it is, and that was clear as mud. It makes absolutely zero sense. How people think this is a real thing is beyond me.

My wife left to see family for a week, and so naturally as an unattended child, I’ve been staying up late watching nonsense on YouTube. These just got added to the playlist for this evening.

Glad I’m not the only one still getting sucked into the black hole that is YouTube.

I’ve heard of this from a few different parts of the country. Several folks here in Oregon, where it seems to mostly be spun as a reasoning why people don’t have to pay their bills/rent and also are immune to debt collections/eviction for not not paying said bills/rent.

I tried reading the explanation of what it is, and that was clear as mud. It makes absolutely zero sense. How people think this is a real thing is beyond me.
Some of it is the stupidity of desperation. Some of it is the stupidity of stupidity.

Some of the Bitterroot members will recall what happened here years ago. mtmuley

I completely understand standing up for your rights. But most of these people are just idiots or buttholes. Too dumb to know what’s going on or just wanna fight.

I see some of the morons take pictures at military bases then argue with the cops when they show up. I could never be a cop, I’d be nightsticking the piss outta people.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back