Yeti GOBOX Collection

Stayed up too late . . . Sovereign Citizen Saga

I like the “thinking outside the box”. I agree with this comment in general, but regardless of the character, don’t we all have to agree we can’t make up our character’s rules?

elon-musk-smoke.gif

There are a few around here.
Yesterday the dude was sitting in front of the station smoking and telling all about freedoms and such. I went to pay and told him he had to move his legs and truck . Guy stood up all indignant.
I just said the EMS unit needs fuel and you can come back to yack with the gals after you move it for them.
I'm sure I'll run into the newbie again. Damn Texicans.
Every time I see interesting property in Catron county, I think about guys like this and it usually talks me out of it

Explain how being even further isolated from the “mainstream marketplace” is a more viable choice?
I have no idea what unschooling even is, Dan.
I went on a date with some crazy chick who ran a fly by night animal rescue/thrift shop down in the Shawnee 2 summers ago and she started talking about it and I was like
"wtf is this crazy girl talking about"
it didn't work out.

I just get tired of you guys being able to think gooder than me and I lash out sometimes.
it also pisses me off how you guys think of an education as more than the quickest way to the easiest cash and I wish I could reprogram myself and my entire life view, but I fear I have spent too much time in the neanderthal world to ever be able to function in academia or at a real job where you carry a briefcase and get payed to think and stuff.

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!

I went on a date with some crazy chick who ran a fly by night animal rescue/thrift shop down in the Shawnee 2 summers ago and she started talking about it and I was like
it didn't work out.

I just get tired of you guys being able to think gooder than me and I lash out sometimes.
it also pisses me off how you guys think of an education as more than the quickest way to the easiest cash and I wish I could reprogram myself and my entire life view, but I fear I have spent too much time in the neanderthal world to ever be able to function in academia or at a real job where you carry a briefcase and get payed to think and stuff.

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!

You and @wllm should fly out here and fish some mountain lakes with me some summer soon. I'll show you the sovereign citizen unschoolers I grew up around on Saturday, and then we can pop down the road a bit and hang out with my ivory tower coworkers for Sunday. Really blow your mind living with one foot in each world.

The third is a group I have some real sympathy for. They tended to start out hard-working folks just trying to make their own way but get caught up in a modern system they seem to have trouble understanding. Maybe it is less natural intelligence, maybe bad schools, maybe poor parenting when they were kids, etc., but for whatever reason have difficulty really understanding the modern financial and regulatory world that touches us all. They find what they try to work for lost to promissory notes, liens, grazing lease disagreements, land use regulation enforcement, complex small business tax problems, complex/globalized commodity market swings, etc. I imagine to them, the sovereign citizen's explanation of the "UCC" is no more or less byzantine or confusing than a bank or judge describing the actual UCC system when they lose land due to a lien from buying crop inputs. Both are beyond their understanding, but one says they have a million dollars in a secret account and they no longer have to listen to the banker or judge, and the other says they are going to lose that land they tried to buy via contract for deed but fell short at the end. Our modern systems are complex, they can be unforgiving, and they can grind an individual into the ground. Out of hopelessness, they place hope in what we clearly see from a distance as a crazy belief system - but one that seems to them to be no crazier than the one that is "bringing them down". I wish there was a way to help elevate these otherwise hardworking folks out of the death spiral many folks find themselves in these days.
This segment of the US population grows continually. Our corporatacracy works fantastic for the rich, OK for the middle class, and not at all for everyone else. Complexity of modern society and nearly unbridled capitalism fuels disenfranchisement of the masses. Eventually the middle class won’t put up with declining standard of living, and endless political charades, and we’re in line to be the next Zimbabwe.

You and @wllm should fly out here and fish some mountain lakes with me some summer soon. I'll show you the sovereign citizen unschoolers I grew up around on Saturday, and then we can pop down the road a bit and hang out with my ivory tower coworkers for Sunday. Really blow your mind living with one foot in each world.

it didn't work out.

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!
I get it. I grew up in a world where at best a college education was viewed as an unnecessary luxury. And if for some odd reason you found yourself a geek who was good at “school stuff” then at least all could agree there was no fathomable reason to go beyond your geographically nearest in-state institution - with no care of whether that was a community college or a full research university.

@FI460 ’s reply about one foot in both worlds says it better than I can. But living life constantly “in translation” gives me both appreciation for, and frustration with, both sides of our current cultural chasm. It is a sucky place to be - would be way easier to embrace one echo chamber bubble or the other - but I am sentenced to the political orphanage it appears.

it didn't work out.

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!
Bro will you be my life coach?burn-mf-down-burnit.gif
As to sovereign citizens anyone ever heard of this place? It's less then 2 hours from my place and no law enforcement will enter they've built their own city. There's more of them then you'd ever realize. Ever heard of chevy Kehoe? He's there martyr and Saint.

Bro will you be my life coach?View attachment 267682
As to sovereign citizens anyone ever heard of this place? It's less then 2 hours from my place and no law enforcement will enter they've built their own city. There's more of them then you'd ever realize. Ever heard of chevy Kehoe? He's there martyr and Saint.
Isn’t that the birthplace of the OK City Bombing? More of an Aryan nation place than sovereign citizen, but probably birds of a feather.

At best it's delayed gratification, it's taking a much much longer road and hoping that it pays off.

Trades would be the quickest way to the easiest cash.

View attachment 267680
The reality of the situation is much different than your chart. I’ve reviewed the personal financial statements of both types of people professionally. The variance by the late 40s is much more dramatic than your chart. A valuable college degree will outperform a blue collar position except for a few extreme cases (commercial airline pilot). It gets even more dramatic at older ages as you see the investment choices between white collar and blue collar.

The reality of the situation is much different than your chart. I’ve reviewed the personal financial statements of both types of people professionally. The variance by the late 40s is much more dramatic than your chart. A valuable college degree will outperform a blue collar position except for a few extreme cases (commercial airline pilot). It gets even more dramatic at older ages as you see the investment choices between white collar and blue collar.
It's not "mine" and more just meant to be demonstrative of how it works. Link

I'd argue that it also depends on your geographic location, in Boston the plumber is making waaay more and the doctor way less, in Idaho I would imagine they are switched.

But yeah numbers are just meant to demonstrate delayed gratification for income.

Back