Caribou Gear Tarp

States with Walk in Hunting Programs?

hardwoods

A few years ago i had the opportunity to hunt Kansas and i was very impressed with their Walk in Hunting Program that opened up Private land for Public access. Everything from the amount of acres enrolled to the ease of use of their Website, especially the overlay of the hunt areas on Google Earth. I have also researched Montanas and it looks promising, but have not had the.opportunity to check them out yet.

That got me thinking.... What are other states with Quality Walk in Hunting Programs? Share your experiences?

Hopefully in the future all states will have Quality Programs to ensure hunting access for everyone.

South Dakota has quite a few walk in areas. I have a close friend whos a farmer there and i help him work cattle a few times every year. I was quite surprised at how much land is walk in. My friend isnt enrolled in the program but is one of those rare individuals that allows hunting access to most people who ask permission and isnt looking to make a profit from either the hunters or the state.

cowman- please tell your friend thank you for his generosity in sharing his land with others.

Some of Wyoming,s Walk In Areas is good hunting and then some appear to be void of animals.You have to research them for yourself.

Idaho has the Access Yes! Program which I have never used, wayyy too much public land.

Montana has the Block Management Program !! It sure has helped us feed the family .
BIG THANKS TO THE PROGRAM AND THE LAND OWNERS !!!
please dont quote me but im thinking about 9 million acres are avalible for hunters.

MT.PERCHMAN

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back