Stars in the Sky film

Absolutely agree! Worth the money and may make you think hard about yourself. But you'll likely come out with a stronger understanding, and defense, of hunting.

I honestly struggled to figure out how to even get it to play on my TV.
Vimeo from day 1

I can remember when it first came out and didn't have a volume button and everything was full blast... Steve just put it on youtube or Amazon. That content is way to important to have your message be stuck in some boutique app that is really only used by hipster indie film makers.

Thankfully I have a TV that is "smart" enough to mirror my cell phone screen. Otherwise I don't know if we could have either. I really, really wish Vimeo had a download option after purchase.

How did you do it? I have a Roku TV and downloaded Vimeo. When I tried to buy the movie it would not allow me to watch it. It said something along the lines of "not available on this format". I have no desire to watch it on any device other than my TV so I guess I'll just have to wait until it's available somewhere else.

How did you do it? I have a Roku TV and downloaded Vimeo. When I tried to buy the movie it would not allow me to watch it. It said something along the lines of "not available on this format". I have no desire to watch it on any device other than my TV so I guess I'll just have to wait until it's available somewhere else.

I watched it on my Roku TV, I bought it on Vimeo via the website and then logged into the app and watched it... took me over 30min to figure it out.

I like to think I'm in the top .01% of tech users if I couldn't get it to work in under 2 min the program blows.

Thank you. I'm not tech savvy at all and have zero patience for it. I'll wait until I can watch it on Netflix or Amazon. I have no interest in creating an account on Vimeo.

Thankfully I have a TV that is "smart" enough to mirror my cell phone screen. Otherwise I don't know if we could have either. I really, really wish Vimeo had a download option after purchase.

I was able to download after purchase. I have an MP4 of it on my computer right now. The casting did not work very well though. I believe I was chromecasting my browser at the time, if I remember correctly, but the sound kept cutting out from vimeo. Maybe it was a chromecast specific issue but it never does that otherwise, so I blame vimeo. Ultimately I downloaded and hooked up via HDMI the old fashioned way.

Also took probably 30 minutes to get it going without issue.

I couldn’t get it to work through the TV either. I believe the solution was to ‘mirror’ it from the iphone via Apple TV

Yeah, Vimeo is terrible. I watched it on my ipad after downloading but haven't tried sending it to the TV yet.

I connected my computer to my tv.

But I tried using my "smart" tv but it couldn't figure it out, I tried using my cell phone, I tried using chromecast. It took two nights to go through all my options and I think I ended up renting it and buying it (possibly twice).

I just watched it on my laptop.

Really good, I would have watched two hours of the interviews. It seems like there was a question of who the audience was. For most hunters, there was a lot of redundancy and cheer leading for hunting that could have been skipped. If this is for a more general audience, who is going to go out of their way to watch it (especially for $3.99 on Vimeo)? This would have been a great feature on Netflix, but feels like it just didn't make the cut and was pushed out on Vimeo.

Highly recommend, good stuff coming out of the Meateater crew regulars. In my uninformed opinion, it feels like Meateater needs to move to a formula similar to Randy for creating and releasing video content. The sparse and infrequent showing on Netflix and paywalled video content just feels out of touch. But I don't run a media company and understand the bills have to be paid.

I liked it so much, I put it on a thumb drive and created a couple more Meateater fans at work. Though I don't agree with any of the anti-hunters arguments, his inclusion made the film as honest as it could possibly be and it was refreshing to hear the other side's ideas in a reasonable tone, without the shouting, name calling and "little dick" comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back