Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Spring Bear 2023

Yesterday we got the most snow in town i have seen since living here, cant imagin what elevation got. I am thinking bear season just got delayed or atleast these effects will linger till opener.
It's getting ridiculous. Whereabouts are you living?

I don't really want another bear rug, but if somebody new where I could get a coat made out of a hide I'd be back in the game. Anybody got an idea of where I could get one made?

I don't really want another bear rug, but if somebody new where I could get a coat made out of a hide I'd be back in the game. Anybody got an idea of where I could get one made?
Same. I want a hair on vest.

l just sent in my bear baiting application. hopefully l will draw a couple of decient areas.

Taking my brother to Alberta in May and then I drew a tag in NE Oregon that I'll hunt when I get home. Spring bear is one of my favorite things to do every year.
I didn’t draw this year but have been out poking around for exercise with the dogs. We jumped a cinnamon phase up out of Union on Wednesday walking a closed road. Dang bear was sleeping under some Reprod about 10 feet off the road. Been hearing about a few bears showing up around the Grande Rhonde Valley.

I spent morning on mountain, there is significantly more snow in town than up high from recent storm so there is hope.

At the rate things are going in Montana the bears aren't going to wake up until about August.
I checked out of my favorite parking spots the other day. Probably close to 3 feet on the ground. Daytime temps are supposed to be upper 40’s but still freezing at night. It’s not going away anytime fast where I am

I had to verify cause this is latest winter i can remember

SPRING:
noun

1. 1.
    the season after winter and before summer, in which vegetation begins to appear, in the northern hemisphere from March to May and in the southern hemisphere from September to November.
    "in spring the garden is a feast of blossom"
1 year ago yesterday is this pic, this year this very spot has 18"+ of hard pack in it right now
KIMG0691.JPG

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back