Spring and Summer fun in AK

Bambistew

Its been a fun spring and summer so far. I haven't shared much, thought I'd toss some pics of of Alaska life...

Some work, some family, some fun. I can't believe its July already. Need to get to the range and get the sheep rifle sighted in. ;)

At Pyramid lake (NV) trying to hook a Lohantran before work... no luck, but I'll be back.

The youngest learning the ropes at a local lake. Won't be long.

Copper River dipnetting, we pulled in 36 reds and 2 (25ish lb) kings in about 8 hours. One had a gps tracker it it. I got a call from F&G yesterday, they said he swam about 37 miles, and it took about 15 days. much slower than average.

GPS tracker, it was in its stomach with the antenna out its mouth. for scale its about the size of a AA battery.

How about a 240 B&C, and 70 inches and over 30lbs each.

Our haul for week.

Picked up my 2016 sheep... I made the pedestal. Also picked up a winter caribou back skin I had tanned. My kids were convinced it was for them, and they were going to sleep on it.

The fishing has been good. Put 40 up over the 4th weekend, and smoked a dozen.
My wife usually schools me fishing... its a draw this year.

Trip 1 - finishing up at 1AM

Trip 2, called it at 11:30

Mattie supervising the floor

Also managed to get out and do some work on the side... Installing some transducers and stream work

Checking a ground temperature sensor that a bear knocked off.

Even when working, I find gold...

The sheep looks awesome on that pedestal. Looks like it’s been a fun couple months!

You are living the dream, Bambistew! I wish we had those types of fishing opportunities here. And I'm always jealous of Alaska residents for being able to hunt sheep.

Thanks for sharing, looks like the year has been good to you and your family so far this year! I know it won't be long before you'll be posting this year's sheep photos.

That's it I'm moving can't take two of these threads in as many days. Wow awesome!!!! Those sheds .....

You get more adventures done in the offseason that most get during hunting season!! Awesome family time!

Its been a fun spring and summer so far. I haven't shared much, thought I'd toss some pics of of Alaska life...

Some work, some family, some fun. I can't believe its July already. Need to get to the range and get the sheep rifle sighted in. ;)

At Pyramid lake (NV) trying to hook a Lohantran before work... no luck, but I'll be back.
View attachment 109868

The youngest learning the ropes at a local lake. Won't be long.
View attachment 109869

Copper River dipnetting, we pulled in 36 reds and 2 (25ish lb) kings in about 8 hours. One had a gps tracker it it. I got a call from F&G yesterday, they said he swam about 37 miles, and it took about 15 days. much slower than average.

View attachment 109870

GPS tracker, it was in its stomach with the antenna out its mouth. for scale its about the size of a AA battery.

View attachment 109871

How about a 240 B&C, and 70 inches and over 30lbs each.
View attachment 109873View attachment 109872

Our haul for week.
View attachment 109874

Picked up my 2016 sheep... I made the pedestal. Also picked up a winter caribou back skin I had tanned. My kids were convinced it was for them, and they were going to sleep on it.
View attachment 109875

View attachment 109876

The fishing has been good. Put 40 up over the 4th weekend, and smoked a dozen.
My wife usually schools me fishing... its a draw this year.

View attachment 109877

Trip 1 - finishing up at 1AM
View attachment 109879

Trip 2, called it at 11:30
View attachment 109878

Mattie supervising the floor
View attachment 109880

Also managed to get out and do some work on the side... Installing some transducers and stream work
View attachment 109881

Checking a ground temperature sensor that a bear knocked off.

View attachment 109882

Even when working, I find gold...
View attachment 109883
Can I pleeeeeaaaassseee go shed hunting with you???!

If life's meant to enjoy... I'd say you're in contention for 1st place!
Great pics. Nice ram and clean looking pedestal!
Thanks for sharing.

Great pics as usual and looking forward to this years sheep adventure . Thanks for sharing.

Great pics and thanks for making me homesick :( That's all fine, I get out of this TWC in 8 days, and will be back in the Valley in 19 days after hitting the East Coast to see the oldest graduate from Army BCT. The wife told me yesterday she got the youngest some waders at Costco, and I ordered him a new fly rod in May. We are going to hit Hope and hopefully catch some pinks. I've got to get him on his first salmon, and hopefully next years red run is as good as this year, and the oldest will be home then as well.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back