Spot the Deer

kiwi hunta

How many p.s. there are two species :D

stag.jpg

And I ain't countin the cattle.

Wow, mate... I can't tell you how much that country looks like the stuff we hunt blacktails out here on the California coast. I stare at stuff like your picture for hours doing a spot and stalk.
OK, what I think is either an Axis or a Red deer is obvious; the brown cow with the white face is looking right at it. At about 1 oclock at the top right I think I see three legs and the torso of a smaller animal. It's slightly left of center between the two tall, green gumdrop trees.

Ok, yeah, I see what looks like an animal up past 1 oclock and its not a cow. Its just above and to the right of that barren tree.

Three Deer, I good red stag in the centre middle, and at one oclock there is a fallow hind standing arse on looking over her shoulder and just below and to her right is her yearling, top marks DD.
Cheers
Jeff.

Ahh... but I didn't spot the Fallow fawn until you pointed it out. Heck Jeff, that was fun; but it's no fun if someone's eyes aren't used to spotting things in broken cover.
After being on this site for awhile, I've noticed I don't have half the ability that many here have as a hunter. For example, I have no idea how to hunt old-growth forests at all and clearcuts still stump me. But I'm pretty decent at the wide-open, broken, steep, up and down stuff because I've done it nearly all my life. Someone told me once that some parts of Australia are exactly like the coastal range of California. They weren't kidding. DD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back