Sportsman Channel show promo

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Sportsman Channel promised to make our show one of their featured productions. They have started the promotion for Third Quarter.

Some of you have wondered what shows they brought over. Here is a small sample of some of them. They have some more good ones that are not shown on this piece.

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/AMS/sportsman/index.html

Here is the Facebook link as they start the promo over there, also.

http://www.facebook.com/sportsmanchannel

More will start rolling out in the many magazine titles they own. Good stuff for us, our sponsors, and the On Your Own hunter.

Sportsman Channel has been great to work with. One thing most noticeable is that most all of them hunt and fish. They understand our story and our message.

Our anchor slot will be Thursday nights at 9:00PM Eastern. I think that means our premier will be on June 28th.

Right now, that anchor slot is 9:00PM on Mondays, but will move to Wednesdays, when Season Three starts.

Other weekly airtimes will be Tuesday 3:30 PM, Wednesday 6:00PM, and Saturday 7:30AM. All times being Eastern time.

I have seen all but three of the edits for Season Three. Can't wait to see them on the tube and get your feedback.

That looks like a lot of good TV. Do the same sponsors throw money at all of those or do they pick and choose? I have a feeling the sponsors that go with OYOA will be very happy seems how Randys show kicks...

Can't wait. The other night I saw on the channel guide that OYOA was running the same time as Schockey was on the other channel.

I think Sportsman channel knows what is good.

What makes OYOA different from the rest

Just saw a show on Sportsmans where Fin takes a good friend. The entire show was produced like a real hunt it was. No comedic events, and that made it tense all the way to the end. The interaction between Fin and the friend was priceless, They got the animal, but it was not easy, and that's hunting. The more I see of OYOA the better it gets. Keep up the great work.

Echo - Thanks for the kind comments. That elk shooter in that episode was Bad Bart, also know as the infamous Lawnboy here on Hunt Talk. That was a very hard hunt with warm weather, early season, and the amount of hunting pressure. Felt lucky to see him shoot a bull under those conditions.

That last day was true balls to the walls one or out deal. I still remember that hunt vividly and especially the pack out in the dark. We lost the trail for about a half hour and stumbled through blowdown and nasty branches. Wish you could film hour long episodes just to get even more of the hunts adventures included.

I'll agree with Longbow that they put you in the same time slot as Shockey for a reason:D That's all a positive sign in my opinion.

Felt lucky to see him shoot a bull under those conditions.

Except you didn't get to see him make the shot as he hauled you know what over the top of the mountain to get the shot. Lawnboy was a stud for making that happen and for that matter Troy too for getting excellet footage. Sorry Fin, normally you're the hero but Lawnboy took that show. It's a good reminder to stay in shape or that would have been opportunity lost on a great bull.

Yup, you are correct Bearman. Should have said "felt lucky to see that he had shot a bull under those conditions." :D

I'm with everyone else on here, can't wait to see the new season!

I think it is the Montana rifle elk hunt but not 100% on that. I'm sure the boss will chime in soon and give you the details.

Interesting how the network wants us to do it this year. Air the f First seven, then repeat the first seven, then premier the next group, then repeat that group. Then threepeat the best ones of the year.

They want us to match the episodes to the season types, as best as possible, so we will put most the archery episodes in that group of first seven. The premier will be a New Mexico archery elk hunt. The episode where I shot the bull at 2 yards.

Back