Spear hunting bill for Montana

sweetnectar

I heard that a bill that would make spear hunting legal in Montana is moving forward in the current legislative session. :) I never realized it was illegal in the first place. I always figured that even if a guy wanted to choke a deer to death with his bare hands it was legal.

Only sissies use spears! Real men stalk them down and brain them with a tire iron! :) I did kill a deer with a two pound sled and a box cutter once. Both his back legs were broken when he ran into my van and it was the most lethal things I had with me. That's something I hope I never have to do again.:(

Only sissies use spears! Real men stalk them down and brain them with a tire iron! :) I did kill a deer with a two pound sled and a box cutter once. Both his back legs were broken when he ran into my van and it was the most lethal things I had with me. That's something I hope I never have to do again.:(

That's funny because Sweetnectar has a similar story about a "car hit" deer and a big rock from the borrow pit. Tell the story Nectar:D

I did the same thing, but all i had was a tire iron. I didn't like doing it, but it was better than seeing it suffer. :(

Different states have different laws. In Illinois, game animals may only be taken by firearm or bow and it is against the law to kill a deer that was injured in an auto accident. Only a law officer may kill the injured deer. It is probably against the law for me to kill a coon or possum that is eating my dog's food.

I heard that a bill that would make spear hunting legal in Montana is moving forward in the current legislative session. :) I never realized it was illegal in the first place. I always figured that even if a guy wanted to choke a deer to death with his bare hands it was legal.

Yup,
http://helenair.com/news/article_198d5232-1e20-11e0-9a10-001cc4c002e0.html

It was never really illegal to harvest a game animal w/ a spear in MT, so far as the law was concerned. But, it was never really legal either. I wonder who will try to tack on the amendment to make the spears non-leaded?

As you can see, the Montana legislature knows the important issues that lay in front of them. Wouldn't want to tackle something like budgets, taxes, or education. Nah, that would require engaging one's brain.

Big Fin, If it passes this could be a real opportunity for OYOA! I could forsee Moosie in a loincloth stalkin through the forest. :) Of course the only thing he would ever kill would be a box of donuts. You could probably show the OYOA team, boning out the donuts and giving tips on proper post-kill procedures for donuts.:)

Maybe you should just invite Bear Grylis as a guest hunter.:) Or better yet Bear Grylis and Moosie in the same show. I can see the episode title now. "Montana's Dangerous Donut Duo!"

Wouldn't want to tackle something like budgets, taxes, or education
That stuff is so boring... Who would want to spend time on stuff like that? Elected officials aren't really expected to waste their time and our money on fluff are they? :) (insert sarcasm button here)

Interesting topic,especially after I recently was looking at the COLD STEEL site which offers a wide range of knives,machetes,swords, and spears.They have a hog spear which is pretty cool,with videos displaying its prowess.....repeated penetrations of a car hood.Worth a look for kicks and giggles.

As you can see, the Montana legislature knows the important issues that lay in front of them. Wouldn't want to tackle something like budgets, taxes, or education. Nah, that would require engaging one's brain.

That is what I was thinking. Is Mr Hinkle bored or something?

Do we really need to go back to cave man days, isnt that why bows and guns were invented for?

I'm just not sure if you have to wear hunters orange or draw an archery permit for the area. But, I suppose if spear hunting legalization is spelled out in law in the first place it is just that much harder for some peta person to take away that right to hunt.

Lawnboy, that deer gave up the ghost before I had to do the deed with a rock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back