Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Southern Co. archery Elk hunt

whyelkhunt

I hunted near Alamosa Sept. 15 to20. We had a great camp and good hunt, the elk seemed to not want to play. My ? is were we early or late for the rut? Thanks

Not sure about down there, but I always count on the peak to be around the 21st up here, give or take a few days. This year was no exception!

Neither late nor early. I would say you had great timing. Was there elk sign? What do you mean by not wanting to play? Maybe you were scaring them off. Maybe you needed a shower? or a new call.

Neither late nor early. I would say you had great timing. Was there elk sign? What do you mean by not wanting to play? Maybe you were scaring them off. Maybe you needed a shower? or a new call.

Thanks for the replys. There was alot of little trees rubbed,almost no bull elk smell. We found two areas of wallows with minimal use. We camped at 10400 ft and thought we should of been able to hear some night time activity. Yes I did need a shower, who have you been talking to? I had a primos hyperlip single,but am open to a PM. suggestion otherwise.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back