South Dakota birds

T Bone

Yesterday I went out for my 3rd time this season for pheasant and grouse. Lots of grouse and enough pheasant to keep it interesting. My buddy and I limited on pheasant and sharps after about 4 hours of hunting.

Bonnie on the left is in her 4th season and is pure terror on the bird population. Clyde on the right is 10 months old and he's got the game figured out.

Notice most of the pheasants are without tail feathers as a result of them competing for the retrieve. Bonnie wins on foot speed most of the time.

101_0544.jpg

This time of year is pure panic. I love big game hunting. Hunting upland over my doggies is a perfect way to spend an afternoon. Not enough time, I tell you.

Tbone,

Good job on the birds and great looking dogs. Tough time of year: should you hunt mule deer, whitetails or ditch parrots. Waterfowling is getting really good also. Tough life so much to hunt and only so many hours in day. Keep posting pics

Nemont

Great looking batch of birds, and couple of good looking dogs as well. This coming Monday will be my first time out for roosters with my choco lab this year, and he is getting antsy. You can almost see a frown on his face when I head for my bow case instead of the gun safe!

Good Job on the birds....Leaving Wisconsin today for Kimble, S. Dakota on a pheasant hunt...Talked to the land owner...numbers are a little down from what he had on his land last year due to lack of rain. Hopefully we can tie into a few roosters though....Always a fun time out there...

Congrats! There's an outside chance I might be headed that way in December, if so you can expect a call...or three!! All the grouse sharptails? If'n you get the time I suggest a trip to chase the praire chickens, they're a blast!

Give me a shout if you come on over. We can put you up, as long as you're upstanding citizens.

In the pic those are all sharps. I've only bagged one prairie chicken this year.

We're expecting company the 3rd week of December. Hopefully you can come earlier or later.

TBone- Thanks for the offers! If we do come it'll probably be the first/second week of December.

We can put you up, as long as you're upstanding citizens.
So, does that mean Moosie hasn't stayed at your place! :D Don't know if me and my pard qualify as upstanding citizens....

We can put you up, as long as you're upstanding citizens.

I would put my Moosie Seal of aproval on him.... He's stayed here before and With 1-Pointer The door is always open.... Well, It used to be but he's starting to get funnier then me and I don't like Competion so....... ;)

J/K

Kudos on the Birds T-bone. I'm talking with Warren to make a Midnight run somtime maybe next year for a Deer/bird combo at your place... :D

Now, now moosie. I may be funny, but that's just because I'm fat! The butt crack photo was definitely funny!

T-Bone- Looks like Gretta's in for some Hunttalk fun!! :D I'll be in the car right behind Moosies next year also! :D

You're uninvited. Her name is Bonnie. His name is Clyde. They will kick your ass.

Just jokin ya. I've called her a few different names over the years.....

Shoot, sorry about that. Doesn't someone on here have a Gretta??? My aplogies to the pups!

I see. Just got a few IdaHOES mixed up, sorry about that. Pretty easy though, you all look alike! ;)

Ron- I'm gonna try to whip up on some birds in you neck of the woods weekend after next, so stay home for a few days... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back