Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sources of info?

hank4elk

I have always been a collect as much info from many sources guy.
You know, to try and make up my mind.... I know,lost cause lol

I read many papers from around the world now that internet is here.
TV/radio, not so much.

I have gotten the Bugle and hunting mags and such.
Some science and periodicals.

Been getting High Country News the last few years.
Good diverse articles about topics that concern the west. IMHO

Just wondering where some HT folks get additional info?
I mean besides BF & the shirttails of his we ride here .

Disclaimer....I do not believe FOX,MSNBC,or some such is much of a real news source.

Last edited:
Oh good, a fellow information addict! I've been accused of over-researching everything...guilty as charged. But I'm usually happy with my decision in the end so I guess it works out.

Most wildlife info for me comes from the primary literature (peer reviewed journals). Most of that never ends up in mainstream, but some does and at least then you know whether the research was crap or not, or if the mainstream media has totally misinterpreted the research. Unfortunately that happens a lot.

I read a few periodicals, but I mostly end up accessing info on the internet from various sources. Depends on the topic and how biased a particular outlet is on the subject in question as to whether I trust them or not. I don't believe anything I see on TV, but it tells me about issues worth researching elsewhere.

I like TRCP's newsletter for getting a variety of articles about public land and sportsmen's issues from all over. Another good jumping off point for further research.

You sound like me HW for sure .....lol
I even have a card for the Library of Congress...not that I get to use it much these days or ever did.
l see what I can find online now and what I can download when I have link. Get a bunch of science stuff from retired FS Geologist/hydrologist and a few others I keep in touch with.
I don't watch regular tv anymore , well 'cept NCIS at neighbors or stupid bowl maybe.

I guess in these edgy times it's too loaded a question to ask?
.....and it gets the political eye everything does now a days?
I switched radio stations yesterday driving between Rush & NPR ...in Deh Neah. Hah!
Sorry,I didn't think I was on MM politics link......lol
Nevermind,carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back