Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sound Off - 100% Debt Free

How much was a new pickup or say a gallon of milk? Or any kind of staple at that time?
I can tell you when I was a kid Dad would pull up to the gas station to get a pack of camels and gas up the beater with $2, and they washed the windshield and checked the oil.

How much was a new pickup or say a gallon of milk? Or any kind of staple at that time?

At that time $3.50 was about 10 gallons of gas. Now at $3.09/gallon would turn the similar wage into $31.00/hour, which isn’t that far out of line for today, when your average burger flipper is $18.00/hour and unskilled labor is probably $25.00/hour…

At that time $3.50 was about 10 gallons of gas. Now at $3.09/gallon would turn the similar wage into $31.00/hour, which isn’t that far out of line for today, when your average burger flipper is $18.00/hour and unskilled labor is probably $25.00/hour…
Are you saying that the wage gap/cost of living is on par?

You're out of touch with reality. $18-$25 an hour is a bullshit wage in Montana. Rent alone is probably $1500-$1600 a month. Fuel is $3 a gallon, a decent used vehicle probably $20k. What about phone and power bills? Been to the grocery store lately? Auto insurance?

Try some math...and quit living in the past.

You're out of touch with reality. $18-$25 an hour is a bullshit wage in Montana. Rent alone is probably $1500-$1600 a month. Fuel is $3 a gallon, a decent used vehicle probably $20k. What about phone and power bills? Been to the grocery store lately? Auto insurance?

Try some math...and quit living in the past.
$80k is the new $40k per year

My son is getting college mail offers. Harvey Mud sent him one today touting their grads median salaries at $112k/yr

All I can tell you from my 20s is that tomato soup was 12 cents a can, rice, flour, and pinto beans were cheap, and minimum wage was $1.65. New trucks? Inconceivable.

Nobody's buying a new truck on $16.50 either.
They’ll just get a ten year loan for that new truck. I expect we will see 50 year mortgage terms shortly just so people can afford monthly payments and business owners don’t have to raise wages to meet living inflation

They’ll just get a ten year loan for that new truck. I expect we will see 50 year mortgage terms shortly just so people can afford monthly payments and business owners don’t have to raise wages to meet living inflation
We took the kids to cabelas today to see Santa Claus. There was a Jon boat that caught my eye on the way in. The payment was like $170 I thought to myself that's pretty doable. Looked closer 10 year note on a Jon boat wtf.

We took the kids to cabelas today to see Santa Claus. There was a Jon boat that caught my eye on the way in. The payment was like $170 I thought to myself that's pretty doable. Looked closer 10 year note on a Jon boat wtf.
Don’t worry, with cars they now refloat the negative equity in the trade-in into the new loan.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back