Caribou Gear

Soon to be College Grad looking for Advice

Identify your goals. You can achieve anything if you are willing to work for it and pay the price of the time and discomfort. Set the goal and go for it! No matter how tuff it gets be willing to give more effort.
Two schools of thought in regards to working in an industry that is your true number one hobby/lifestyle passion.
A> if your work is also your hobby the disciplines of work can take the satisfaction and enjoyment away from the hobby.
B> Find a career that you have aptitude and one that affords free time for your hobby. Put in the time as an apprentice in body and mindset and have a plan/goal to one day have the autonomy thru ownership/management to take the time when you want to hunt and fish etc.

I have a two fold perspective on this. First, my own. I have worked a variety of government jobs since the time I graduated from college....LEO....military......and now fed civilian. Out of those soon to be 30 years I can say that I really only enjoyed the 7+ years I got to spend in Army SOF. The rest of the time I spent doing things I needed to/had to do to guarantee financial stability and comfort for myself and my family. As I am about to retire for a second time and be done with actual work before I hit 50 and the family is in a really good position, inshallah, I can't complain about those choices. BUT, what I have garnered from it and passed on to my son who is getting ready to graduate from college in May is this....it is a balancing act trying to find something that pays that you enjoy doing. While you are young and have the least amount of responsibilities is the time to try to find that thing (and the place). As long as you can make enough money to survive my advice is to do that and live life with some joy. You will find ways to make it more lucrative as you go but it you hate what you are doing NO AMOUNT OF MONEY is worth it. I took a 50% pay cut a few years ago to get out of something like that and NEVER regretted it. My 2 cents.....

If you're into marketing and want to go that route and move west you should look at Backbone media in Denver. I have a friend whose worked their for years and he loves it. It's a bit Bro-ey, but they do PR for Sitka, Yeti and a number of other brands in the hook and bullet market. Could be a good foot in the door for going to work directly with one of those brands.

If you're into marketing and want to go that route and move west you should look at Backbone media in Denver. I have a friend whose worked their for years and he loves it. It's a bit Bro-ey, but they do PR for Sitka, Yeti and a number of other brands in the hook and bullet market. Could be a good foot in the door for going to work directly with one of those brands.
Thanks for the tip. I just checked them out and they look pretty legit, to say the least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back