Caribou Gear Tarp

son's muzzleloader antelope

zia

My 11 year-old made a nice shot with his encore. I initially thought he missed the buck as I saw dirt fly in front of the animal when Matt shot. I started berating the kid for not sqeezing the trigger, not picking a spot, etc (as only a father can) when the buck fell over dead after running 70 yards. Perfect double lung shot. I'll take my crow medium rare. Luckily, 11 year-olds are quick to forgive their undeserving fathers. By the way, this is the kid on horseback in the first part of Smaltzes Valle Vidal video.
P9110064.jpg

Congratulations to you and your son. That is a very fine antelope indeed. How long were the horns on that critter? Do you have any other photos from a different angle?

WOW nice lope.

Nice pic as well. you guys been really waking and staking lopes this year, heck everyone on the board is getting them.

Delw

He is 15 1/2 on one side, almost 16 on the other with a non-typical kicker. We can grow a good-sized goat down here if we get some moisture like this year.
P9110062.jpg
P9110058.jpg

Gadzooks, is that a big goat !!! :eek: .......fine shot by your son and congrats all around !!!!!

I love the extra hook on the one side. someday i will kill one of those buggers...

Congrats to your son. Very fine animal and great pictures for many memories.

Very cool looking antelope. Thanks for the extra photos. He branches a little like a caribou. So does that make him the rare pronghorned cantelope?
Sorry couldn't resist.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back