MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Son's first squirrel!

dcopas78

My son has been practicing real hard all summer with his Rascal 22 and his single shot .410. He decided to take his .410 for opening day with papaw this morning. Next he wants to try his 22 since he has broke the ice with the .410. Super proud of him. It has been a good last few weeks with him starting kindergarten and getting his first squirrel this morning. He has a desire to be outdoors like no other. I'm gonna need another few side contracts when he gets older to pay for the tag fees 😆

20190901_074027_Burst01.jpg

That is awesome! Congrats to the young man and thank you for passing on the tradition of shooting and hunting. This country needs more dads like you

Awesome! How old? My 5 year old girl says she wants to kill a squirrel. I’m thinking she will ride along with me and see one killed first, then we’ll get into her pulling the trigger next year.

Awesome! How old? My 5 year old girl says she wants to kill a squirrel. I’m thinking she will ride along with me and see one killed first, then we’ll get into her pulling the trigger next year.
He is 5 1/2. He's on an apprentice license for now until he is ready for the course. He's been with me on several hunts already. I think that is a good plan with you daughter.

Some of my fondest memories are when my son's were young and all of us going squirrel hunting. Now they are all grown and gone, but we all still get together once a year to squirrel hunt.

Seeing your son and the grin on his face really makes me smile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back