Son's first elk

Thanks for all the kind words.

We were watching a waterhole sitting in a blind, listening to the Boise State/Mich State football game on his ipod when all of a sudden he yanks the earbud out of his ear and whispers "two spikes are coming down the hill!". Then he started to shake a bit. When the first and bigger of the two passed broadside he drew and released. Then he really started to shake!

This is his 4th year hunting elk but first with a tag being 12. He put in the time practicing nearly every day with his bow for months and coming along scouting. His setup is a Diamond razor edge @ 40lbs shooting a 100gr carbon express nativ 2-blade head, 360gr total arrow weight. He can pull more weight but I wanted to make sure he could get it back sitting down during the moment of truth.

Good luck to everyone this fall!

This has to be a favorite part of my time on hunt talk! Father n son... family hunting pics n stories! Awesome work both of ya! Grats to your son! Archery to add to that!

Congratulations! It looks like he is a dozen years younger than I was when I got my first elk!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back