Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Some AZ bonus point info

AZ402

Going into the 2009 Elk draw there is one person with Max points (20) it's a NR. There are 4 people with 19 points 3 res and 1 NR.

Deer will have 224 maxed as of now (some will gain a hunter ed point by draw time). 61 res and 163 NR. those one point behind total 699, 114 res and 585 NR.

Pronghorn has 13 people with max points this coming year, all residents.

Bighorn has 316 in the max pool. 304 res and 12 NR.

So what you're saying is that with my 4 points for each of those species, I'm golden. :rolleyes:

Ah well, somebody has to draw.

Who needs max points? I drew AZ antelope in unit 19A with zero points and 13A for mule deer with 4 points.

I'll probably draw a rifle rut elk tag this year.. have 10 points.

It pays to be one lucky mother..

So what you're saying is that with my 4 points for each of those species, I'm golden. :rolleyes:

Ah well, somebody has to draw.

Elk with 4 points=11,647 total

Deer swith 4=5,076

Pronghorn with 4=4,305

Sheep with 4=2,190

We applied a guy from Washington state a few years ago with 0 sheep points. He drew and shot a nice desert ram, you just never know.

I did have max points when I drew deer in 13A, but only had 7 points when I drew early rifle elk in Unit 10.

Still trying to figure out how to cancel the applications of the 500+ guys ahead of my 15 antelope points.

I will draw in AZ this year, either elk (5 points) or antelope (15 points). Hell, if Schmalts drew antelope with 2 points, or whatever the hell lame number he had that year, I am thinking my time has come.

Yup, I'm overdue in AZ. :p

Still trying to figure out how to cancel the applications of the 500+ guys ahead of my 15 antelope points.

Randy, there are only 68 NR who have as many or more pronghorn points than you. There are 1,979 residents with as many or more points than you.

I think I'll draw another coues tag this year in AZ...not holding my breath on the other species.

I did already draw a pig tag though.

Conventional wisdom says this will be a great year to draw states like Az. that require a fair amount of non refundable money to apply. Lots of people will drop out because of cash flow problems.
I’m thinking sheep tag with 5 points.

.....I’m thinking sheep tag with 5 points.....

I like what your saying A-Con. I will sell you my sheep points, just to make sure you get the tag.

I do think you are right. WY, AZ, and NM all want the $$$$ to apply, so the odds in those states my actually improve for NRs.

On second thought, I am thinking an AZ sheep tag would be pretty cool, so I might have to withdraw my offer to sell my points.

AZ402
Randy, there are only 68 NR who have as many or more pronghorn points than you. There are 1,979 residents with as many or more points than you.

Stan, aren't NRs and Res in the same pool? That means there are over 2,000 people ahead of me. :(

But, if some lottery luck strikes, the odds of the NR quota being met is pretty low. :)

Statistically, you have a better chance of drawing if you are in the middle of the pack. Those with lots of points are only putting for premium hunts which has fewer tags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back