Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Solo Hunters: Keeping Entertained at Camp Solo Hunting?

COrookie

Got a doe muzzleloader tag this year. I am going solo and have done it before especially when going after grouse and my elk hunt last year. I am base camp hunting and still manage to get extremally bored when I am in camp. This will be my longest camp alone, its ten days (Unless I tag out earlier). This got me thinking and I thought it would be an interesting topic. How do you solo hunters keep your mind busy and entertained when at camp all alone?

Got a doe muzzleloader tag this year. I am going solo and have done it before especially when going after grouse and my elk hunt last year. I am base camp hunting and still manage to get extremally bored when I am in camp. This will be my longest camp alone, its ten days (Unless I tag out earlier). This got me thinking and I thought it would be an interesting topic. How do you solo hunters keep your mind busy and entertained when at camp all alone?
I always switch my focus to fishing, and in the evening, a good book. I do hunt alone these days, as my hunting partners have passed away. Naps midday with no interruptions flat out rock!

I have never been bored out in the wild and have hunted solo most of my life. I usually am hunting til dark and up way before 1st light.
I might read maps or play with the GPS after dinner. Plan the next option.
I might take a nap or just fall asleep after lunch. Usually in the shade in a watching spot.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back