Caribou Gear

Socks

SandyCreek

Whats everyone running for a light weight sock? I tried to get on the liner sock train but i just don't like it. Ive been wearing socks from farm to feet to work everyday for about a year and those seem pretty good so far. Always looking to try new ones though

I love my smart wool socks, Merino wool, and not itchy at all on my legs. But I would also like to find a boot sock that is cooler to wear in the warm months.

Just started qearing Darn Tough boot cushion. They are so nice. Lifetime warranty and just feel so smooth.

Costco wool socks are great. I have found that I keep my socks the same regardless of warm or cold but change boots if I am going on an early season pronghorn hunt vs late season deer/elk hunt.

Minus 33 merino wool socks. I wear steel toe boots at work 10-12 hours a day. My feet sweat and the wool pushes it away from me and keeps my feet dry. I find they don't really get hot at all with them on. I wear the same boot and sock combo in the snow as well and do fine if I'm moving. If I am standing or sitting g for a while in the snow, then I move to a heavier sock

I favor Smartwool PHD and Icebreaker, but anything of decent quality works for me.

Used this be a Smartwool fan, but have since converted to Darn Tough.

For us guys over 50 and carrying a few extra pounds, merino compression socks make a big difference when it comes to leg fatigue. First Lite, Cabelas and Duluth Trading all sell them.

As others have mentioned, I reccommend Darn Tough. Expensive, but most other wool socks are as well. I buy the hiker boot full cushion I believe and they are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn. I'm in the military and I buy their tactical version socks to wear on a daily basis as well. The lifetime guarantee doesn't hurt either...

I picked up 1/2 dozen pair of Hiker 1/4 sock cushion Darn Tough 6 months ago. Work great for me.

Last edited:
I mainly use smartwools, but do have a set of Gore's that I really like.

Mountain Athlete Triad sock from First Lite, they're fantastic...I've tried several of their other pairs and weren't crazy about them...also never heard anything but good things about Darn toughs but I haven't personally tried them

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back