So much for printing Montana carcass tags

8andcounting

COVID-19
In response to COVID-19 and to protect the public as well as staff, FWP has decided to mail our carcass tags just as we have done in years past. We understand that some people are only coming into the office to submit an application or purchase a license because they don?t have access to a printer at home. If you purchased a license that requires a carcass tag already this year and have not printed it at home yet, FWP will also mail your carcass tag to you. Please disregard the email with the link to print, it will no longer work.

Does anyone know if you need to opt in/out of this? Are the folks that already printed tags going to receive a second set?

I bought my tags early but never tried to print because I've been isolated with no printer. I've tried calling licensing a handful of times but keep getting a busy signal, understandably.

My son bought tags yesterday and there was not a print your own option. Its said on the receipt that the tags would be mailed.

Which makes sense. But what about the folks that bought tags 3 weeks ago? If I get through to licensing I'll post up whatever answer I get.

This will be interesting...if they have to go back and reprint every license they've sold so far this year, someone's going to be very busy.

It will be interesting to see if the draw results timeline will be shorter than in years past too.

The MT FWP Gong Show. Doesn't look like MT is my cards this year, hope they get it sorted out by next spring, but I won't hold my breath.

They gave it a try. Should be buttoned up next year. I'm willing to bet this was all done on a very short timeline and the people working on the software were rushed. The idea is solid, but the execution just was rushed this time around. I think next year it will be pretty darn smooth. At least they are doing everybody right and mailing them out. kudos for that.

Shouldn’t effect that . All Apps were done online
They said with the apps being done online that we would have the results within a couple weeks as opposed to over a month like as it was in the past. I'm just saying, the paper tags idea didn't go as planned so we will see if the shorter timeline for draw results go as planned. FWP has had issues with the drawing in the past so it wouldn't be a shocker if we don't get the results as soon as they say.

web page shows April 20. 19 days seems to be reasonable but as stated well will see if the systems works the first time they try this year.

They said with the apps being done online that we would have the results within a couple weeks as opposed to over a month like as it was in the past. I'm just saying, the paper tags idea didn't go as planned so we will see if the shorter timeline for draw results go as planned. FWP has had issues with the drawing in the past so it wouldn't be a shocker if we don't get the results as soon as they say.
Agreed. And they bragged that this would get us results sooner so we could plan - but then they moved the app date back . So even if things go according to plan we will get results no sooner than last year . Week of April 20 . Same week as last year

Which makes sense. But what about the folks that bought tags 3 weeks ago? If I get through to licensing I'll post up whatever answer I get.
I bought my bear tag March 4. Just got all my licenses in the mail today.

I was in Miles City the first week of March. Decided to stop at the region 7 office and get my licences. I am thinking that was a real smart move now.

I sent my information and money to my mother to get my NR Native licenses in person at the beginning of March. Considering you can’t do that online and the offices are closed now, I’m thinking that was a great idea too.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back