So, how is the retirement gig?

Congratulations on your retirement!. I know you will put lots of miles on enjoying our great wild country.
 
Congrats buzz. I’m glad you’re here on this site, I enjoy the hunts and stories and pics. Hope you have a long and healthy retirement
 
Been retired since 58 1/2, if you have the financials worked out including insurance, its AWESOME.

UsedACA for 2 years, now off it due to taxable income. Aside from $1600 / month expenses. Budget has gone down
 
Congrats. I went out at max age ATC, which is 56. That’s been four years ago. Retirement is wonderful. Plenty of time to hunt.
 
Welcome to the club, Buzz. It’s been over 8 years since I maxed out and retired. One of the best decisions I’ve made. You’ll keep busy and involved, and you’ll thoroughly enjoy your time off.
 
Congrats! Best wishes for you to have many years of go-go energy level left before slow-go starts and. God forbid, no-go arrives with the autumn winds. I have kept a hunt/fish/snorkel recap of each adventure starting before exited my high school era. I grab one of the several filled diary books each winter to read for an hour or so. The temperature, skies, sunrise/sunset time, etc, plus what saw each day and lessons learned at the end of each adventure. I am back in the moment as read those pages. I evolved over the decades. Got better at my craft. More patient. My body also found new ways to fail starting in my 40s. I retire at 62 and never thought I would go from go-go to slow-go before age 70 but here we are so glad I did not wait any longer.

God speed "young" man. These are the "good old years" where your worst day physically during a month this next year may be better than your best day in a month a decade from now.

You have time and most likely the funds in place to hunt in ways api simply could not get the time freed up to help on many of the interesting hunts that buddies drew. Very cool. Living the dream.
 
Back
Top