Snowmobilers catch wolves in action

fowladdict

My buddies parents were snowmobiling this weekend out by shraver creek (near Garden valley, Idaho) when they scared off two wolves feasting on two elk. One appeared to be a young bull and the other a cow.

Attachments

• IMGP0732.JPG
    IMGP0732.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 712
  • IMGP0733.JPG
    IMGP0733.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 716
Looks like the Elk were gonna die either way, from the wolves or from the Snowmobilers. Too bad the snowmobilers chased the wolves off before they could clean up their dinner. Now, thanks to the snowmobilers, more Elk will die. That would be awesome to actually be able to get pictures of the wolves hunting and killing the Elk.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sure it wasn't run over by a sled? Here's proof that snowmachines kill elk. :D

yea, yea, yea, I'm trying to get over 100 posts so I think I'll just keep posting on this thread till I get there . . .

Shit this is so ironic. I was actually reading something the other day that mentioned wolves will and do, eat elk. ;) :D

Just shittin' fowladdict, I know you are just posting the pics and not an opinion. Thanks for the pics.

Yep, those wolves won't return for an easy meal....they'll starve do death before returning to that kill once the sleds leave the area....

I thought Cheney used a Dan Quayle gun :confused: ;)

Marv, it was a 28 ga. Paparazzi. :D Sorry to interrupt guys, back to your wolf/elk debate. :eek:

That's definitely not something you see every day. Cool pics Fowladdict.

Are you going for your annual snowmobile trip up to West Mountain this year Jose?

Ithaca..my pointing lab killed the wolves.

Mtmiller...If you're like me and come from Kali at one time or another you've probably heard that wolves don't kill elk. :D

Wow....that sucks!! Kinda weird it's right on the snowmobile track too. I'm sure they left those and went and found two more. :BLEEP:

That's why wolves are so hard on elk herds. Only two of them were able to take down both elk in the same spot. Those things are bad ass hunters. I don't care to see wolves totally killed of like some do, I just wish that we could manage them a little before they get completely out of control.

Damn, I had to read it again. I still can't find anything stating 2 wolves took down two elk. Not saying it couldn't happen, but from the story and the pictures alone, you are assuming quite a bit.

All they caught a glimpse of were two wolves fleeing the site. I'm sure the whole pack was probably involved in bringing down two elk.

It would have been real tough to tell how many wolves there were by looking at the tracks in the snow?

Of course, that may have actually involved getting off the sled...rather than take the chance of excercise, just start making stuff up.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back