Caribou Gear Tarp

Snow Day In Texas

Southern version of snow, it's just a......

Hazy shade of winter

Last edited:
2" yesterday and 0 this morning near PT. Balmy 22 now.
Here comes the cold Ken...

Nothing here in East TX but some light/steady rain. This is the third week in a row it’s been raining on my days off.
Im stuck inside with three dogs who have cabin fever but want no part of the cold rain.

In Phx. when it rains the day is called and all construction workers spend
the day at the bar"hardly working".even just a sprinkle.I call Snow Day for Ya'all!! 〽💥

I live in Wichita Falls, TX and it was nice that there was no one on the road this morning. My grandkids all called to tell me about playing in the snow. The only person in our office today besides me is the mail man. +1 on the buying frenzy here last night. This is Texas, it will change.

Man 75 yesterday and 38 this morning, I had to go back inside to get my puffy haha. I got a little closer to that pipe while welding haha. No snow down here in South Texas, thank god. Best just to stay at home when that happens.

I haven't seen any real snow in several years here at home, depressing really. Worst driving conditions I’ve ever seen were between Colorado City and Abilene on I-20 a few years ago, I think more vehicles were in the median and ditch than were on the road.

Went for my morning walk and saw to guys on cross country skies in the park. Unusual sight for Roswell, New Mexico.

Also, we still have snow on the 2nd day. Normally last 1 day. I think will be mostly gone by tomorrow.

I haven't seen any real snow in several years here at home, depressing really. Worst driving conditions I’ve ever seen were between Colorado City and Abilene on I-20 a few years ago, I think more vehicles were in the median and ditch than were on the road.
I had a friend come up from San Antonio to hunt with me in Lubbock immediately after that snow event. He said it looked like a war zone along I-20.

Went for my morning walk and saw to guys on cross country skies in the park. Unusual sight for Roswell, New Mexico.

Also, we still have snow on the 2nd day. Normally last 1 day. I think will be mostly gone by tomorrow.
Didn't know there COULD be anything unusual in Roswell! ;)

As a northern MN resident, I have to laugh every time I see how southern states react to snow. Everything closes lol. We had a couple snowfalls that reached 12" this winter, they didn't recommend travel, but everyone still did. Southern states measure the temp by what to wear, like it's tshirt weather or sweatshirt weather... The reports we get are "Well it will only take 2 minutes for your exposed skin to freeze" lol. It's crazy how people react to different climates. I for one hate any weather over 80 degrees. But that being said I'm a very warm blooded person. I'd rather be in -30 than 90. I can always dress warmer, but I can only get so naked when it's that hot :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back