Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Snake Gaiters .

I see a quite a few rattlers in October if it's warm, they are probably headed to den then. I see them on gravel roads & two tracks, usually near rocky terrain. They are tasty by the way.

I despise rattlesnakes with all my heart. My grandpa was almost left paralyzed by one. We were in the outskirts of Tulsa one summer camping as he enjoyed the calmness that a campfire and some beers can offer you. It was one of the few times we could spend some time together. Surprisingly though we had a rattle snake coming home with us after it decided to hop on our car on our way back home. When pops opened the door it stung him and we had to get him to a hospital immediately. I had to call of course a wildlife removal team in Tulsa to get rid of the snake as we could not leave it roaming around!

Last edited:
Im a complete noob on rattlesnake country , but Im not a big fan of them after seeing a few in Western SD . Im going to be hunting antelope in Unit 6 in WY rifle season. Are rattle snakes a concern or not a big deal ? Should I invest in gaiters ? We are going all public land and likely hiking like crazy so we will be covering ground. Also do I need a pack incase I shoot one miles back in the public ?
If you're looking for gaiters that you won't mind wearing all day, then check out the ones by Turtleskin. Spendy though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back