Caribou Gear

Small Creek Big Fun

Super pretty fish. What are we looking at for species? Top on looks like a Redband maybe? Bottom a bull? (I am not a trout aficionado)

Super pretty fish. What are we looking at for species? Top on looks like a Redband maybe? Bottom a bull? (I am not a trout aficionado)
Top one is a generic rainbow as far as I know (don't quite understand the difference between a rainbow and a redband), and the bottom is a brook. There are bulls in that stream, but I didn't get any that day I'm afraid.

Top one is a generic rainbow as far as I know (don't quite understand the difference between a rainbow and a redband), and the bottom is a brook. There are bulls in that stream, but I didn't get any that day I'm afraid.
As a trout aficionado- you might want to look at that "brookie" again. No black on the fins, no blue halos on the red spots. Also has an atypical head:body length ratio for a brookie, but a lot closer to a normal bull trout. I'm fairly confident (95%) it's a small bull.

That fish under the log looks even more like a bull trout than the one you're holding.

As a trout aficionado- you might want to look at that "brookie" again. No black on the fins, no blue halos on the red spots. Also has an atypical head:body length ratio for a brookie, but a lot closer to a normal bull trout. I'm fairly confident (95%) it's a small bull.

That fish under the log looks even more like a bull trout than the one you're holding.
I figured the worm tracks on the back and dorsal fin made it a brookie. Generally the bulls I catch up there are more olive colored than this one. Hybrid maybe?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back