Sleepy bull

drahthaar

Went up and glassed some winter range. Didn't see a whole lot, mule deer scattered from high to low, and 20 cows with 5 bulls, only one six point. Too cold to stand out there too long, but while I was there, this bull decided to just lay his head down and take a nap. Pretty funny to watch them, just don't see it very often.

0226111426a-Copy.jpg

0226111437b.jpg

0226111439a.jpg

Winter is really starting to drag on. Very cold the past few nights with a bunch more snow piled on. I wish a couple of 50 degree days would come around and knock this snow back.

Nope, the mulies actually looked pretty good, hard to tell though. No ravens, no predators. The very first time I went up there, I saw a wolf cruising up one of those small creek chutes, haven't seen anything since. It was kind of funny, that wolf was sneaking along, and every animal in that whole area was watching it. Nothing budged, they all just watched, it climbed all the way up into the timber on the top and disappeared into Glacier Park.

Nope, the mulies actually looked pretty good, hard to tell though. No ravens, no predators. The very first time I went up there, I saw a wolf cruising up one of those small creek chutes, haven't seen anything since. It was kind of funny, that wolf was sneaking along, and every animal in that whole area was watching it. Nothing budged, they all just watched, it climbed all the way up into the timber on the top and disappeared into Glacier Park.

I usually see a few yoties running around up there, but I've never seen a wolf in the winter.

Nice pictures.. They seem to be content. I saw three winter herds when i was in mt in late Jan. got a few pics but they didn't turn out too good. I need to get a bigger camera to get the better shots. My little 4 just doesn't reach out ther far enough to get the good ones.

Cool pics Draht, I used to usually catch a few dandy mulies in that area on winter range years ago as well as seeing some elk. May have go glass that when I'm back home next weekend.

cool pics...I took my 3 cams out the other day to put out...camera number 1, pulled out of my pack and did not work....someone had hijacked my batteries...put camera #2 out..find a spot for final camera, pull out of pack did not work...batteries dead for some reason....great way to start

cool pics...I took my 3 cams out the other day to put out...camera number 1, pulled out of my pack and did not work....someone had hijacked my batteries...put camera #2 out..find a spot for final camera, pull out of pack did not work...batteries dead for some reason....great way to start

LOL, been there done that. Gotta have those days sometime. Just don't do it after a 3 mile bike, 2.5 mile hike in 95 degree temps. That is why I take 2 of everything.

Great pics - they look pretty comfy considering the long cold winter.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back