Caribou Gear Tarp

Skunked: NM 51A Mule Deer Archery

KRYPTICENGINEER

I love unit 51. Spent many hunts in the area chasing elk. In that time I have come across some very nice shooter bucks.

So my brother and I put in for the early archery hunt and drew. I thought it was going to be a dream.

We saw everything but bucks! 11 straight days watching cats, turkey and some very nice bulls. Of course neither of us drew elk so that was just sad to see.

We ran into a poacher and some scumbag who thought it would be a good idea to check my trail cam photos, turn it off and set his up. We know this because he was bragging to my father inlaw about before he knew who he was.

With all that being said and being a bit discouraged after getting skunked, we are headed back for some more punishment as a last ditch effort this weekend and hoping for a first time buck for either of us.

Best of hunting, be safe and shoot straight!

Keep at it! Hunting etiquette seems to have disappeared. People driving up to scarce water sources at daybreak and just before dark, slamming their doors and pounding on their hoochie momma's like last week's girlfriend. Spray paint on camera lenses. Not my cameras, they've all been stolen. I know what you're going through. My Utah spike only archery hunt was like your current experience. All I can say is to just keep at it. Good luck!

Its makes it a little discouraging but if it was easy everyone would do it. And if I didn't love being out here I wouldn't be doing it either!

For some odd reason I’m hoping for two different kinds of lightning to strike……..one for the trail camera knucklehead and lightning In a bottle for the krypticengineer squad.

Well unfortunately my season has come to an end, and we will be eating tag soup till next year. Those from NM understand and the rest of you all can't believe how we live with our draw system.

My brother and I worked our asses off and saw some amazing wildlife and made memories we would not have otherwise.

I will be going out in October to be a mule for some Bull hunts.

To all of you still chasing, best of luck and shoot straight!

Well unfortunately my season has come to an end, and we will be eating tag soup till next year. Those from NM understand and the rest of you all can't believe how we live with our draw system.

My brother and I worked our asses off and saw some amazing wildlife and made memories we would not have otherwise.

..,good luck with the October assist.

My wife just ended her mule deer hunt also. We saw at least 8 legal bucks but she could not get close enough on the stalk. The starvation stick. I still have a later season deer opportunity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back